The leader and hero of a nation is a brave man who loves his country. It takes a brave man committed to his nation to wear a helmet.
Volodymyr Zelenskyy
I watched Walter Cronkite when I was not yet aware of the world's disasters. JFK assignation? Vietnam? Some other battle somewhere else?
But then the words he said and the photos that were shown revealed that life on the farm was insulated from that part of our history. I knew nothing.
“When the will defies fear, when duty throws the gauntlet down to fate, when honor scorns to compromise with death – that is heroism.” unknown quote
Heroes are not just ones out on the battlefield, they are brave souls who rise to the occasion to save other souls.
He is the man Ukraine needs at this time.
ReplyDeleteI know that God puts a person He knows will be what that person must have to do.
DeleteWashington, Lincoln, FDR, Eisenhower, Churchill...
THAT is right on target!
DeleteI don't know President Volodymyr Zelensky personally, but I am very proud of the man who is not afraid to get out amongst his people at a time like this. How many other leaders would do this? How many would hide behind desks and ranks of security guards?
ReplyDeleteIn the words of my younger son "He has shown what a true leader he is. So much of the world thought it was weird when they elected a comedian but he's made of sterner stuff than career politicians."
Or in their basements?
DeleteHe is indeed a true leader. And so many countries need someone like him at the helm.
ReplyDeleteAnd how I mourn that his mettle (and that of his country) are being tested so hard...
He is amazing to be so bold in the face of evil.
DeleteUkrainians are a determined and brave lot. I know, I married one (though marrying me is not proof of his bravery!) They will kick Putin's A__ or die trying.
ReplyDeleteWe are becoming more aware of the countries that exited the USSR. Ukrainians are a brave country.
DeleteWe have all come to admire and respect Zelensky. It is hard to appreciate how he is managing to lead his country through its darkest hours.
ReplyDeleteThe whole challenge is beyond imagination.
DeleteHi Susan - he is setting very high standards as a leader ... an amazing man. Quite extraordinary - and I hope our present leaders will learn from him.
ReplyDeleteYou son says it brilliantly: "He has shown what a true leader he is. So much of the world thought it was weird when they elected a comedian but he's made of sterner stuff than career politicians."
Excellent post - thank you ... Hilary
Yes, I hope other leaders are paying attention.
DeleteHe is leading his people.
ReplyDeleteIt would be so easy to cave in to the demands, but he has not.
DeleteMy prayer is he wins this one so big that his country never has to look over their collective shoulder again.
ReplyDeleteSo True. He is proving to be a strong leader.
DeleteMy heart and prayers go out to Ukraine and I think their leader is amazing and so brave. Let's hope this can come to a good conclusion for the people although so much has been lost already.
ReplyDeleteThis country needs prayer, medical, food and water, clothing, a place to sleep safely, and so much more.
Delete........ life on the farm was insulated from that part of our history. I knew nothing........
ReplyDeletevery small towns the same... :-(
There is a saying that war brings out the true person in everyone. To say that Zelenskyy rose to the occasion and showed his true self - a courageous hero and an inspiration - is understatement. I just hope that the burden he carries doesn't crush him because this situation isn't going away tomorrow, or the next day. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete