blog Followers

Saturday, July 18, 2026

Heroes, each and everyone of them

 

Image result for real life heroes quotes
Pinterest

California is ripe for the burning, as wildfire season kicks in. 

Last year was a record for the wildfires suffered in California. One fire lasted two months, finally reaching containment in December.  It was huge in the numbers of deaths and acreage of land burned. We will remember the names of those cities and people.

What kept more from dying and homes from being burned? Firefighters. Heroes.

 

                                         from the 1920s. 

History of Firemen from 1920s, 6 minutes long 

Fireman Week was on June 15, but every week should be considered this by all. Please remember this, and thank every firemen you see or meet.


Park Fire Continues To Burn Thousands Of Acres In Northern California
Brave then, and brave now.

They don't even flinch. 3 minutes long

Our community of elderly people depends on the vigilance of the firemen just down the street. They are live-savers, literally. 

Flames quickly grow as firefighters set a backfire on the eastern front of the Park Fire, which has grown to 360,141 acres and is 12 percent... 

22 comments:

  1. these photos are horrifying, and I pray now for those that are fighting fires all over this hot planet. I like the definition of HERO. to me CNA's that work in hospitals and nursing homes, garbage men on the trucks, are heros, we all need to and our Policeman.
    You and I are also Heros. hugs from one hero to another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we lived near wildfires in San Diego, where we could see the flames miles away from our house. Yes, you and I are heroes in our complicated lives.

      Delete
  2. So very grateful for our brave firefighters, Susan. Against horrific threats, they keep us safe. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are blessed. These men and women take on a monster that can destroy at wind's whim.

      Delete
  3. Firefighters risk everything to keep others safe. They are the ones who should make pro sports paychecks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What these brave heroes have done cannot be measured.

      Delete
  4. And it's just getting worse. How many fires are burning? Don't answer that. I've been hearing about smoke in the north from Canada. And other states are feeling the pain as well. Firefighters aren't paid nearly enough for the work they do for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grateful for the men and women who risk their lives to keep us safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. What terrifying infernos! These men and women to run towards danger on our behalf deserve all our admiration -- and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Several years ago we attended a presentation by fire jumpers in McCall, ID. It was fascinating - they parachute into fires, their equipment is air dropped, and they begin the process of starting backfires, felling trees and clearing 'fuel' in an effort to stop the fires from moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are amazing people, you are right, true heroes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live about 1/2 miles away from our fire department..Such devotion.

      Delete
  9. Firefighters are heroes indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of the heroes culture claim, these are the true heroes.

      Delete
  10. Oh my friend, I hear ya on the wildfires in California. They are both scary and unsettling. We have a couple up north here, but they are about an hour away. I appreciate our Cal Fire firefighters very much. And I appreciate your words on the elderly. It must be so scary for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everything is so dry here. I know it is only a matter of time.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. God keeps an eye on those heroes. The dangers are so great.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!