Nature in all its forms is crazy wonderful. Just about the time I see something that seems to be the most amazing, is when I see another most amazing.
The best estimate is that these above are 10,000 Canadian geese. I once watched a tornado of geese swirl and land in bare field. Finally, the field was black with birds. Amazing.
Just about the time as I think that I have seen the most geese like I will ever see again, this is discovered. These above are estimated to be 300,000 geese how to count geese.
I know, a little extreme in these numbers.But the numbers are possible. Geese migrate from fall weather up north to southern locations, to breed and eat. The frigid winter coming down from Canada puts all food hard to find enough to eat. Numbers of migrating geese from over the North American continent can be millions
Sit back, pour some wine and then relax at this amazing sight. You may never see something where the sky sings with flapping wings..
Matthew 6:26
26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
The Mississippi River prime places stretches from Hannibal MO to Alton IL is prime resting spot, and hunting ground. The eagles nest there every year, and it is amazing.
Various titles for groups of geese flying together: Bunch, chevron, Christmas, plump, know, and more.
The Mississippi flyway can get busy. Some of those geese stop at the pond across the street and stay for the winter.
ReplyDeleteMississippi is a busy river for sure. We had a goose who took up residence on our farm, with a broken wing. He stayed there for about 2 years, controlling any hog that came near it. Don't mess with geese.
DeleteWow! Reminds me of those giant schools of fish.
ReplyDeleteThose are impressive.
DeleteI am smiling here. Growing up in NC I would see several 'v's' of geese heading south and I thought I was 'seeing THE MIGRATION'. That was until driving in southern Missouri and saw a sky covered as far as I could see. I stopped the car, got out to view this, it was beyond my imagination.
ReplyDeleteThanks for that reminder.....
Loving Spring heading this way,
Sherry & jack
Wasn't it unbelievable?!
DeleteThat is totally amazing
ReplyDeleteIt is totally that and more.
DeleteWe have some Canadian geese that live in the complex from late January through August (roughly).
ReplyDeleteWe have Canadian geese here in S. California, and I think that is our time. They are so sassy.
DeleteWhat an amazing view. I was blown away!
ReplyDeleteWhat God does and makes blows me away.
DeleteThat's a LOT of geese. I would have to plug my ears against the noise.
ReplyDeleteThat is my thought exactly.
DeleteGreat Bible quote. Thanx.
ReplyDeleteEvery Spring the local bird charity conducts a bird count and asks citizens to identify and count birds visiting their gardens and parks. We have many Canadian geese visiting our park. The way I count them is by counting their legs and dividing by two. Very accurate.
God bless.
That would work well.
DeleteSome of the geese have decided to stay down here all year, they no longer go back up north in the spring. They're taking over, pushing out other waterfowl. It is easier to just stay down here, i guess.
ReplyDeleteGeese are pushy creatures; don't mess with them. What can be done to curtail the numbers?
Delete