
Morning misted grass
Velvet brushed green
Beckons, cries out
For a child,
Shoe-less and wild.
Race across bare grass
With bare feet
Unfettered and free.
Hedge to stone wall,
Run and invite all
Follow, come, join...
Weeping eyes reply,
Cannot run, sadly sigh...
Travel ahead and discover
Fields touched by many.
Through golden gorse,
Beneath rowan trees,
Still, but for wren and sparrow
hawks.
Come, follow...
There is yet another
Field awaiting,
Weeping eyes.
By Robert Sheridan
Can you imagine walking along this road? Feeling the mist in the air?
Ireland
yes, I know the feeling of walking in mist, Beau and I have done it a few times, but we are on city streets not on country roads. Love the poem
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. Cities lack that feeling. We hear
Deletenoise from the streets around us.
you said: Can you imagine walking along this road?........ I would like to!
ReplyDeleteLoved the poem, sometimes I can be in the mind of the poet, here I can 'some.'
From the rain and mist here in Florida,
Sherry & jack However no leaks in the RV (yet!) LOL Be safe and smile. Thanks...
Keep dry. We would love some to do some exploring.
DeleteI've walked a few roads like that. There is truly a quiet introspection in them, as the poet found.
ReplyDeleteThere is a sense of peace.
DeleteLove the poem. That road does look familiar. Wouldn't mind a revisit.
ReplyDeleteWe hope to visit this fall. I need to go walking there.
DeleteSweet! I could sure go for that stroll -- provided there was a fireplace, warm meal and glass of port around the bend!
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to set a peat fire!
DeleteThe best time to go walking is when it's like that, not too hot.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely. we lived in Victorville, CA. and walked at the end of the day when the temperature plummeted to 94 deg.
DeleteSuch a good place to take a walk.
ReplyDeleteThe feeling of mist on ones face is such a great memory.
DeleteIt's been so long since I walked through mist, I'm such a lazy lay-a-bed these days. Barefoot on the grass isn't always possible either, too many prickles that can stab deep into feet, but I remember doing it when I was younger and visiting a friend whose father was meticulous about lawn care.
ReplyDeleteMy running barefoot through the wet grass is such a great time to be a kid..
DeleteI grew up in New York City, and the concrete was way too hot for my bare feet. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteYes, hot concrete and bare feet are not a good combination.
DeleteThat would be a lovely respite.
ReplyDeleteGreen, we don't see much green with the drought.
DeleteThat would be the loveliest walk! Happy week!
ReplyDeleteAnd happy week to you. Enjoy St. Patrick's day.
Delete