blog Followers

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Fairy Mud Hell

 

 

Being a fairy is no easy job, I tell you.  I know the truth. I have been one for years, and hated every moment. Every. Single. Stinking. Moment.


Oh, sure. Some fairies paint flowers, some water lovely green plants. Their primary job is to care for the planet, keeping all plants healthy. 

They flutter around with gossamer wings, whatever gossamer is.

Midsummer Eve Fairy Forest Little Fairies 1909 Painting By image 1 
Etsy
 
Their soft skin shimmers with a fluorescent glow, their clothing is even cross-stitched with spider webs, and their boots are soft butterfly cocoons. 

                                They even have great hair. Damn them.

My job? My job??  I am the fairy in charge of slugs and carnivorous bugs.  
 
Deep Sea Worms Viewed Under Electron MicroscopeIn fact, I am President of Chapter 207 Union of Scavenger Bugs. One assassin bug attacked me, put me in fairy hospital for a week.  Best week of my miserable life, the only best week.
 

If there were even one thing about my job that I loved, that would be wonderful.  But as it stands now, I live in fairy mud hell.


This a re-post-rewritten-upgraded from a "Wednesday Words" challenge for writers to see what they could do with the underlined words back in 2016 again 2019.

I love taking an old post and changing it.  Also, it shows me where I was as a writer. I have no idea what this insect is.  I am hoping it is somewhere else, not near me.

Participating in Wednesday Word challenge is fun. This was created by Delores, who provided bloggers with unrelated words to attack and accomplish. Delores passed the W.W. baton after developing computer problems. The current words can be found at River site. The words she provides are always a fun write.

 

 

18 comments:

  1. HAHA I enjoyed this one, I always thought fairies had it made. Now I know. Great imagination.. Nice short story that is for sure.
    Be safe
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy writing short stories or flash fiction.

      Delete
  2. Someone has to take care of the slugs. That's an important job, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's terrible! There should have been rotating rosters so all fairies got a turn at the slugs'n'bugs care. Great story. I love that top picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is right! I don't know if it is an elite roster or regular one?

      Delete
  4. Wow! What brilliant colourful images they are!

    Take good care. May the fairy queen watch over you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very wary of fairies. One night, a friend of mine slept with a pillow on his head to cut out the noise. The Tooth Fairy took all his teeth.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't want to deal with those bugs either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope, no slugs. Fairies are pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nasty job, but someone has to do it. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't really have choice. It's from a lottery.

      Delete
  9. Lots of slugs roaming the streets here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Ireland, a slug managed to crawl over my son's hair when we were sleeping. Not a good moment.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!