blog Followers

Thursday, March 10, 2022

The Face of Evil

 

Dear Mom,    
Have just returned from seeing “Golden Child” 
with Eddie Murphy
The villain is Charles Dance. I do believe he is 
the very face of evil. Love.  Joe 

leather, jacket, portrait, 
 
Dear Joe,
Don’t be silly!  Just saw “Gosford Park” 
and Charles Dance is the only noble 
character in the lot.  Well, Clive Owen is  nice on the eyes.
 Love. Mom
 Dear Mom,
Silly!  No, I mean it! 
Charles Dance is the face of evil.  
He and Terence Stamp. 
I just watched “Haunted Mansion”.. Love. Joe
 
Dear Joe,
What about…can’t think of anyone else.  Love, Mom
p.s. How about Malcolm McDowell?  
His eyes creep me out.

Malcolm McDowell  Dear Mom,
Charles Dance.  
Love Joe




Dear Joe,
Just saw “Dracula Untold” and I agree.  
Charles Dance is the face of evil.  
Dang.  Love. Mom




Dear Mom...
Good question...
"Who changed the
course of American History?  
Andy Williams"
Love. Joe 
 Andy Williams - 16 Biggest Hits (cd) : Target
 
                                                       Dear Joe,        
Don Knotts Barney Fife 1966.JPG Seriously?  The answer: Don Knotts.
Love, Mom........
  


What about you?  Do you have any actor whose name reminds the good and the bad done by any talented actor? What actor could be the enigmatic answer to any question?

Why did this topic hit thecontemplativecat?  Blame it on my then 19 yr. old son who has a creative peculiar mind. Where that came from, I do not know.

My son stated emphatically that Charles Dance and Aaron Neville are the answers to most questions.   Is that the truth? Was my son off on a tangent?

 

Aaron Neville 
Aaron Neville, 



29 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Putin is evil and we do not know the extent, yet.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Elizabeth about the face of evil being Putin. (If you've ever seen Charles Dance in the Jewel in the Crown, you'll swoon and see no evil whatsoever!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Charles Dance is a hunk for sure. He is a versatile actor.
      Putin is the face of evil in this stage of our history. Stalin was a monster period.

      Delete
  3. Okay, you have me smiling. I am lost, do not know a name you mentioned. I guess that makes me old or not a TV or movie watcher. Blame being deaf. LOL
    Of course we all know the actor that chanced the course of America (for a few years) was John Wayne!
    I'm famous too, I peed where John Wayne did once in Brackettville, TX! Sherry didn't get to and I think has been jealous ever since.
    Sherry & jack smiling and enjoying the rain in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Wayne is someone who set a standard for being patriot. Ronald Reagan is also.
      Not Don Knotts?

      Delete
  4. When an actors performance can make you think of them as evil, they've done a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles Dance is such a good actor. In Game of Thrones, he was excellent.

      Delete
    2. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken." Truly a cinema classic.

      Delete
  5. Charles Dance lead me to Gwendoline Christie. Wow tall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwendolyn Christie? Now I will go searching.

      Delete
    2. 6' 3"? Wow! And she was amazing. A beautiful woman who looked gorgeous in reality, she uglied up well.

      Delete
  6. Anthony Perkins in Psycho. Looks innocent but oh how evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthony Perkins played an evil face well. Looks innocent and sweet, then takes out the weapon of choice.

      Delete
  7. I've had film characters creep me out with looks and deeds, but I can't even remember who they are or were. To me it's part of the movie, unless that same person always plays an evil villain I'm unlikely to remember him or her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw Charles Dance in "The Crown" as Lord Mountbatten. All I could see was Tywin Lannister. Maybe he'll be defined by that role for the rest of his life?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your son will forgive me, but I never heard of Charles dance before tonight. Not a big movie guy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Charles Dance?? What is wrong with you?! He is an actor worth watching. He was a big actor in Game of Thrones.

      Delete
  10. Ah yes, Charles Dance can go either way. I remember a version of Rebecca that played here on PBS. He was so perfect as Maxim DeWinter in that.

    The other actor that comes to mind (that can be very good or very evil) is Jason Issacs. Lucius Malfoy. But then he's played a good guy on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason Isaac can be so evil. He is on Patriot, where he is a dragoon during Revolution war. Yup, evil. And he is Malfoy on Harry Potter, and is a mighty mean.

      Delete
  11. There are so many evil faces, past and present. Every age has at least a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are evil faces in each era, so true. Evil has a range, I think. Hitler is the top of the list.

      Delete
  12. Good actors can play any role they are given. Like Charles Dance or John Nicholson.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. A good actor can take the range of acting, and I am totally caught up. Anthony Hopkins can switch so beautiful.

      Delete
  13. Hi Susan - Putin (maggoty appalling) v the hero and star: Volodymyr Zelenskyy. But from your list - Malcolm McDowell put me against watching Clockwork Orange! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!