How prostitutes settled the West YouTube
A rant is long overdue, so bear with me.
Internet
security has always been an issue, and this issue becomes blaring when
it affects millions of people worldwide. This is not just about many hacking invasions.
My
daughter introduced me to "Adam Ruins...", a YouTube series
where an incredible revelations about a variety of a broad scary
vulnerabilities in today's societies. (While "Adam Ruins..." may or may not totally truthful, this one certainly must be.)
Here is one scary video that is applicable to my rant:
This is 6:20 in time, but well worth the watch.
For
instance, I searched some sites to find a dress or something for my
son's wedding. Since then I have been inundated on Gmail, Blogspot and
Facebook sidebars for outfits that may be of interest. Motorcycle parts?
NextMD for migraines? IQ tests? (I am brilliant, a genius, by the way.)
Basically
we live in a world where privacy is a rare, or even non-existent
luxury. Even "going off the grid" is still not a guarantee. Nothing is invisible
Not much of a rant, but this is certainly one of outrage, anger, and most of all: fear.
I hope that this is accessible! If not, paste "Adam ruins + YouTube" in your search.
This is a post from 2017. We are not alone.
Women really did change the West. Whether prostitutes, women with husbands and kids, teachers, sharpshooters, women really made a difference then and now.
Of course it has to be this way, for the coming world order to succeed. I don't worry it; if they offend me, I block them. If they annoy me, I block them. Maybe a bit away from the point, but it's in the Lord's hands from there.
ReplyDeleteNo, that this mess happened is part of what will happen.
DeleteAdam is not telling me anything I did not already know.. every word is true.. and it is not just FB other sites do it also.
ReplyDeleteI went on Best Buy to look at a fridge that my sister in law in another state bought. now i am deluged with ads for new fridges which I do not want. the only way to stop it is to dump the smart phones and computers and stay off the internet. No Wait, even our debit cards tell the world where we are and what we buy. we would have to go full cash but then we have to get the cash from the bank or atm.. we are caught in the NET
There is no secrecy we can hide from the NET. Scary, isn't it.
DeleteHumans have always been caught by something!
ReplyDeleteBut Women? Yep I have been reading Westerns with Historic correct data. Women have always been THE BIG part!
Feeling like 'MUD' but still on the net, I don't want them to lose me. LOL
But it makes one feel good to be wanted, LOL or does it? LOL
Good stuff...
Women were the cornerstone of the Western settlement.
DeleteI've heard about that show. Sounds like my cup of tea. (I don't have time to watch them now, but one of these days...)
ReplyDeleteThere are many many Adam episodes. They are scary and funny.
DeleteI'll definitely have to check him out on Youtube. Privacy just doesn't exist anymore.
ReplyDeleteIt really doesn't. Just to see if it was as bad as this, I went to a free site to find people. Spokeo? I found out all my previous phone #, the addresses where we have lived, etc.
DeleteA friend was talking to her husband about a possible remodel of their kitchen, then she went into the next room and turned on the computer (it was not in sleep mode, it was OFF). The first ad that came up when she checked her Yahoo email was for kitchen remodeling.
ReplyDeleteIt's not going to stop.
It won't. If you have a Google or Alexa or whatever, don't discuss any monetary info. We were talking about some a musician we enjoyed, "Evelyn" asked us if we would like info about this singer.
DeleteI don't often search online for things I need, I got tired of all the email advertising too. it's bad enough with advertising for books I might like based on books I've purchased.
ReplyDeleteI watched that first video, but not the second.
The 2nd one is about FaceBook.
DeleteI went with my daughter to Lane Bryant and she shopped. I walked into the store and waited. I walked around, she bought jeans. Then I started get all sorts of email from them about products. I just walked into the store.