![]() |
| Keep shoveling.. |
Weathermen in the Northeast called the latest snowstorm an anomaly. Frank was called in to the warehouse to forklift pallets of salt for the snow plows.
He had wished to be part of the snow plow guys, but he wasn’t ambidextrous enough, which was of great help in such a job and meant better money. Frank continued to deliver bags and bags of salt.
Finally tow trucks were able to pull abandoned cars to the impound lots, including Frank’s new sports car. Always deleterious in care of his belongings, Frank discovered heavy salt residue mixed with icy snow covering the car had eaten through the snazzy black paint, creating zebra stripes in the paint.
The italicized bold print words are from Wednesday Words from 2015 or 14. A dear blogger, Delores, created this challenge for writers. Thanks, Delores!
The temperature here in S. California has been intense. One day it was 105 degrees, where it lingered for several days. This week 109 is predicted. Death Valley is at 133 deg. The idea of snow sounds mighty good.

Your current temperatures would have me longing for snow too. So much.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard from Delores in quite a while now. I do hope that she and her family are safe and well.
I have sent e-cards for quite a while now, and they haven't been sent back.
DeleteYeah, snow sounds lovely right about now. But, as is tradition, it gets hot just as school opens. . .
ReplyDeleteFirst weeks of summer are pure misery weatherwise.
DeleteI am smiling at the bags and bgs of salt, since the Great Salt lake is about 2 miles away. LOL
ReplyDeleteGood story.
Sherry, jack & JJ on the road to Oregon.
Salt Lake, UT! Looking forward to photos of your cross country trek.
DeleteI love the idea of snow, but I know I couldn't handle the real thing.
ReplyDeleteCalifornians can drive up to the mtns, get their snow. then turn around, they can drive to the ocean. A really full day, but it happens.
DeleteThere was a time that I loved snow. Then I had to travel in it and I did not love it anymore. Hopefully my traveling in snow days are over so hopefully I will come to love it again.
ReplyDeleteI grew up in Midwest snow, it was normal. Then we newly weds lived in Iowa. The flat plain sent such strong wind that the snow drifted high.
DeleteThe temperatures you are experiencing are brutal. My daughter, who lives in the central coast of CA, called to tell me she was melting. We, on the east coast, have been having a very hot summer also but our 90 degree temperatures pale in comparison to 133.
ReplyDeleteDeath Valley is aptly named.
Delete96 with 98% humidity looks good after that snow photo!
ReplyDeleteYes, it surely would. I am just whining.
DeleteWe rarely get snow, so it is considered a treat, as long as you are one of the people who gets to stay home and not drive in it.
ReplyDeleteThat is the key: hold a cup of hot chocolate and look out the window.
DeleteI'll take snow any day over those hot intense temps.
ReplyDeleteSame here. When I was a teen, when school ended and summer roasted, winter was bearable.
DeleteI remember when you were writing those posts and admired what you came up with. Snow? Wouldn't it be lovely right now?
ReplyDelete