blog Followers

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Reflections of a Boomer




Reflections in a Boomer's Eye: Poems and Musings by [M.L. VanBlaricum]
ML VanBlaricum



VVV Open Mic 5 31 2020 Reflections of a Boomer


Pinterest.com


I have to wonder what such delight could happen if lyrics of music of the 80s + were collaged?

36 comments:

  1. So many wonderful songs are ever gentle on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how many of these references I was aware of, even though these were not from my era. Many are still my favorite songs I prefer to what they played on the radio in the 80s through today. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What could be done with the 90s? Of this milennia?

      Delete
  3. Ha! That was cool and definitely a great way to remember some music from way back when. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt it could be the same with the music of today. All those songs were special, and so were many, many more. And what a clever way to make one remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they bring out so much emotion when we connect one song to the other.

      Delete
  5. I'd love to see a collage of the 1980 songs. I just don't have the wit to do it myself, although maybe I should try. I certainly couldn't write a tune, though. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don;t even know what my generations was called, if anything. But I did enjoy the read, but My song since the 1st grade is:
    My heart goes where the Wild Goose Goes.
    Love you but at times wonder about your mind???? ;-)
    Sherry, jack & JJ in Amarillo, TX heading East.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't write this clever combo of famous lines, but wish I had! My mind wanders where it will.

      Delete
  7. A very clever combination of all those lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. "Uncle Joe" is declared the writer, but that is not known for certain.

      Delete
  9. Very clever. My generation's would be different, for sure. I think every generation's would be fun to look at, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what songs could be sliced and diced, put to such clever manner.

      Delete
  10. Little did they know that my generation would say that so meaningfully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! i like that compilation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi. I just saw this post and thank you for including the YouTube link with my melody. When I first saw the meme (and I am from the Baby Boomer generation) it cried out to me for a melody so I wrote one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why this didn't identify me since I am logged in. This is Shelley Haiken of Wind & Strings.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!