blog Followers

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Terminating Life

Definition of "abortion": the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy.

anti-abortion abortion protest fetus
late term size

emilycaines2
Adelaide, born at 24 weeks
If an unborn/fetus can be aborted at 23 months, it is deemed not viable.
At 24 weeks, the moniker changes to "baby".

Sizes of  unborn, right to left, 12 weeks, 18 weeks, 24 weeks, then 28weeks



Information is readily available, both pros and cons. The term "abortion" is also considered to be: feticide: act of destroying or causing an abortion".

Infanticide, genocide, Judeocide, Matricide....all the words ending in "cide" refer to killing. 

The issue of abortions will be big in these elections. A few states allow abortions right up to the time of delivery (even the day before). The above site has some information that might be helpful to understand the current situation.

Mother Teresa comments about abortion:

"What is taking place in America," she said, "is a war against the child. And if we accept that the mother can kill her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another." February 1997 - National Prayer Breakfast in Washington attended by the President and the First Lady.


16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So true. It is not a matter of opinion, but a matter of fact.

      I had a miscarriage at 4 weeks along. I still grieve for that lost baby.

      Delete
  2. This is a moral quandary for me. I could not have an abortion myself. I know several people who have had abortions. In most cases it was the best decision. I struggle with this question and have no answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've known teacher acquaintances who had abortions when they were younger women. One had several. She could not get pregnant to have a child she wanted later.

      Delete
  3. As a man I have NEVER commented on this subject. I will not TRY to make decisions for something I CAN NEVER KNOW. As a man I cannot put myself in the position of my wife or any woman. I have no idea what it feel like to have life in me. I have said, "If I had daughter and she was raped and impregnated by an IDIOT or psychopath i THINK I could understand if she made a decision to abort. Again that is a man's opinion and something I have never faced.
    I feel for the child who is labeled a murderer for a decision she makes in her teen years out of FEAR.
    Very good post, and timely.
    From Oregon
    Sherry, jack & JJ The opinion is only mine, NOT shared by my fellow travelers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compassion weighs on that side. No girl or woman should be punished for defending herself.

      Delete
  4. My faith tells me abortion is wrong.

    Common sense tells me we will never again be able to make it illegal, so why not spend more time trying to create a world where no woman ever has to make this decision again. That, i think, we could all agree on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are where we are. We also need to have a moral compass that extends to protect life of all sorts. So many possibilities to provide that protections.

      Delete
  5. You have a line that reads "if and unborn/fetus can be aborted at 23 months" heh, I know you meant weeks. I think 28 weeks is far too long a limit, that's a viable baby. I think in Australia the limit is much lower, somewhere in the first trimester, unless there is some kind of danger to the mother. The only reason I would ever contemplate abortion is if the fetus is found to be severely deformed with no hope of normal life, because I know I couldn't cope with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fear I'm the dissenting voice here. I don't care if you CHOOSE to have or NOT have an abortion, as long as you have A CHOICE. Take my choices away and I'll have to find a back door hack with a shingle that read DR and a knitting needle to stick up my uterus after I've been raped (and that includes by an abusive husband or boyfriend) and later learn I'm pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have the right to make choices, to speak, to stand up for our beliefs...Right to choose is a guaranteed Constitutional Rights.

      Delete
    2. No Susan. We only have that right as long as Roe V Wade stays in place. Sadly, many people want to do away with legalized abortions, which provides so many young people with a choice. In Alabama, you have exactly six weeks to terminate. That's barely enough time to recognize whether you are pregnant or not. So our right to choose may be guaranteed by the constitution, but it can be taken away by the decision of the Supreme Court in a heart beat.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!