![]() |
| From Wikipedia |
A do-nothing
weekend at home occurs only because migraines have determined this. My husband John stays close, almost hovering
because he knows how bad these monsters can be.
To
entertain ourselves, John accesses a bad film.
Since subscribing to Netflix, he has discovered a whole new world of
bad, really and truly awful movies that use every cliché known.
How do
we know this movie is a bad movie? There
are some indicators:
It is always filmed at the same
time of day, when the sun is the brightest.
Jungle scenes are sparse on greenery,
with the same trees filmed over and over from different angles.
It has generic music that never
seems to match the action.
The film is ‘grainy’ and tries
to be artsy, like “Blair Witch…”
Hero is always a tortured soul
with a scarred past. Vague references are made to Somalia, Vietnam, Bosnia, or
Gulf War.
The
dialogue is corny, predictable, and always leads to bad stuff. Examples are:
My way or the highway…Roger that…We need bigger guns/boats/knives…Let’s
split up and cover more ground…Get the lead out…Bad-ass rebels, man…
Character
names have character, like Cajun, Poison,
or Scar. And at least one of the commando-types will
have a Native American connection with a meaningful tattoo.
Watching
mindless bad films together and creating our own withering critiques somehow drives
migraines back into the cage.



Glad you found a laughable way out of your migraines.
ReplyDeletehaha at least you can get some fun out of the corny bad ones as they aren't trying to be good. The ones that think they are good and leave you with wanting to stab yourself in the eyes, are the ones I hate.
ReplyDeleteDear Susan, thanks for this gem of wisdom: "Time spent laughing is what really locks the cage doors." Peace.
ReplyDeleteThey say (whoever they are) laughter is the best medicine. Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeletei am glad the sharing of bad movies chased those awful headaches away---hope you are all better!!
ReplyDeleteMigraines are vile. Truly vile. I am so happy that you found a way to keep them at bay. (And yes I know that rhymes and it wasn't intentional and I am too lazy to change it.)
ReplyDeleteAs cliched as it may sound, I do believe that laughter IS the best medicine!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm blessed in that I've NEVER experienced a migraine in my entire life... touch wood... and hope that I never do!!
Hope you continue to laugh your cares away with your hubby! It's fun to watch bad movies, good movies, and TV shows on NetFlix. It's even better when there's popcorn. Hope your migraines stay in the "cage" forever. Take care Susan! Julie
ReplyDelete