I'm guessing the answer is love though I couldn't listen to much of the Elvis one with his uh huh uh huh almost stammering style and not Mick Jagger either, though I do like the Rolling Stones. So Dolly Parton said it best.
We might not always get what we want (love) on a horizontal plane, but vertically? We can know that God loves us and that's all that really matters. Great post, Susan!
That song has made Dolly a lot of money hasn't it performed by so many over the years.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason the words from another song come to mind!
All we need is love ...
All the best Jan
I considered the Beatles, but Dolly said more.
DeleteI'm guessing the answer is love though I couldn't listen to much of the Elvis one with his uh huh uh huh almost stammering style and not Mick Jagger either, though I do like the Rolling Stones. So Dolly Parton said it best.
ReplyDeleteDolly Parton says it best, true.
DeleteIcons.
ReplyDeleteI think Dolly is still alive. Mick will keep dancing till the end. Elvis has his style that doesn't fit here for me.
DeleteThis begs the question, then, what is love, really?
ReplyDelete"what's love got to do with it?" Good ole Tina Turner. True, there are levels of love.
DeleteI can tell you what I want right now and its none of these, mine are peace and quiet, no TV blasting, unbroken sleep at night
ReplyDeletePretty much what I would like as well.
DeleteWe might not always get what we want (love) on a horizontal plane, but vertically? We can know that God loves us and that's all that really matters. Great post, Susan!
ReplyDeleteGod's love for us amazes me.
DeleteAlways is a much longer time than right now...
ReplyDeleteAlways sure is a longer time.
DeleteAll you need is love (ra-ta-ta-da dah).
ReplyDeleteThat music seems so long ago.
Delete