blog Followers

Friday, November 28, 2025

The Perils of December

Free cake dessert celebration illustration 

Who needs a normal cake? 

December is an amazing month for so many reasons for my family, my birthday, our son's birthday, our anniversary, our daughter's anniversary, and our youngest daughter's birthday. It is a busy month with lots of memories. Here are some thoughts that are from someecards.

I'm sorry your December birthday is overshadowed by a guy who wore sandals indoors.

May your December birthday be as excruciatingly milked as Christmas is.II

 

  

I sure would like the cake, personally, with whipped cream.    

24 comments:

  1. You have a lot to celebrate in December! Yup...cold in February, what else can a couple do to stay warm?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. We lived in Illinois, and it was darn cold in February.

      Delete
  2. Happy early birthday! When I was a kid I thought it would be so cool to have a bday in December and get double gifts. Then I met kids who had that and found out that many times the birthday presents blended in the Christmas ones and no double dipping in the gift area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My b=day presents were also biting into the number of Xmas gifts. I really didn't like my birthday.

      Delete
  3. My father's birthday was actually ON Christmas Day, Susan. We always tried to give him something really special besides whatever he got for Christmas. Happy Birthday to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been rough. a high school friend got married on 12/24 and I thought that was strange..

      Delete
  4. Amazing what AI can do with a birthday cake. Happy birthday to all who celebrate. My nephew's birthday is the day after Christmas. You've got a busy month on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandaughters birthday is 3 pm on Christmas day, 1986. my sons wife is Dec 26, lots of good people born in Dec..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 pm on Christmas day is a great time. What a gift.

      Delete
  6. That is the prettiest cake I have ever seen! We only have one December birthday, a niece was born on the 31st and has always received both Christmas and birthday gifts. She is 50 now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our daughter was born on 12/31/80. For her entire middle and high school we celebrated twice, July 31 and December 31. Her friends had a lot of fun twice.

      Delete
  7. What an ornate cake. It can't possibly taste as god as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it was even real. I have gotten so skeptical these days.

      Delete
  8. The cake would be too pretty to eat.

    I hope all of you have a wonderful December, celebrating everyone and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband's birthday is on the 2nd and it just donned on me. December birthdays seem to get lost in the holiday shuffle.
    I wouldn't want to be the person who cut into that cake for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it would ever be allowed to be cut into?

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday to all! All we ha in December was Mom and Dads anniversary. Legend says it was moved to late December '41 b/c the original date apparently conflicted with Pearl Harbor...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, those times. December '41 will always be in our lives.

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday wishes to all.
    We had a lot of family birthdays in November!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people say they have a month where every birthday, etc. was celebrated.

      Delete
  12. Haha the last one 👍🥰
    Blessings to you and yours dear Susan 🙏

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!