A tree in our neighborhood. For 11 months of the year, it is ugly. But in December?
You might think that this post is a bit early, but there is a reason: I want to celebrate Christ's birth, listen to music, decorate with every bulb and garland I can find, and remember every Christmas possible. Christmas cannot wait and neither can I.
Photo taken from our hotel balcony on December 4, 2016 in Chicago
Waiting for Christmas is and has always been the most intense, insane experience of anticipation of all the year.
Standing in front of the tree and being mesmerized by the lights is the disco ball of the season. Shaking the presents and guessing their contents is always be part of the game. The
small train around the base wears itself out by the Big Day, only too
happy to be packed away for next year’s new batteries and another chance
to whistle.
(That was some years ago, when I turned 60 years old. Then my young granddaughters informed me then that I have to move away from the tree. It was their time to do the dancing.)
![]() |
Christmas starts as a spark of joy, and then fills me all up. Christmas is here! Christ came into the world as a human, to experience the human pain and suffering. Christ was crucified, resurrected, and ascended into heaven. Christ dwells within me daily, reminding me that I am part of His family.
![]()
| |
| Benjamin's 5th birthday, June 26, 2017 |
I am waiting for Christmas, slightly removed from the tree’s perimeter to allow children of all ages to dance wildly.
The spark is there and starting to burst into the “Hallelujah Chorus”!
From YouTube
Do you get that spark? Are the memories of Christmas both looking back and being in the present? Are you still dancing? Do you have to push the kids and grand-kids out of the way?
All in double digits, we have arthritis, and our family is all over the world. The rest of the Kane clan will be on and about to see other family members. So we now regroup with remaining older Kanes and try to dance.
So, while there are no small dancers here with us, we will dance up a storm for at least 15 minutes, give or take.
So, while there are no small dancers here with us, we will dance up a storm for at least 15 minutes, give or take.




Not too early. So much of the decorating has been done and was done even before Thanksgiving this year.
ReplyDeleteWe always decorated our house on Dec. 11, our son's b-day. Then T-giving when our gr-up adults came home, and now our tree is pretty sad with just us and absent gr-daughters. sigh.
DeleteI enjoy this blessed holiday all month long! No dancing but I will be jamming.
ReplyDeleteJamning or dancing...music is music in its many terms.
DeleteNo dancing here and minimal decorating with just two miniature fake trees and a couple of "Nordic Gnomes" plus one "Elf on a shelf".
ReplyDeleteYou make me a little weepy! We are still sorting through stuff we haven't used in years.
DeleteI have a ship's cabin sized trunk packed full of Christmas decorations locked away in the shed, from the days when I had a house. Senseless to put all that up in a tiny one bedroom flat.
DeleteVery true. We have boxes and such of Christmas decor, and use less and less each year.
DeleteThere's very little decorating here, and no real dancing. We're just glad to be here at all.
ReplyDeleteWe have gotten more and more slim on the decorating. Last Christmas was the beginning of the cutting back.
DeleteI adore Christmas. Our family is also far away, so it will just be us. But we are inviting our neighbors in for Breakfast...we've done this for over 20,years!
ReplyDeleteI meant to add that I loved the video. Can you imagine how it must have echoed down the halls at the mall (I assume that's where they are). I think a flash mob performance always makes people happy. we need more of them!
DeleteI, too, love Christmas, Susan, and though I might not be dancing with my feet, my heart is bursting with joy and anticipation for what is to come. Our Lord reigns forever. Hallelujah!!!
ReplyDeleteMy feet dance when I am sitting down which is okay. As long as they keep moving.
DeleteDecorating our Christmas tree, just brings back lots of memories. It's a huge hodge podge. Stuff kids made. Travel ornament memories. Just stuff we like - penguins, snowmen. Joy! Sheer joy! Blessings to you and your family. Have a fun December.
ReplyDeleteThe memories seem so fresh like they happened last week. But instead, the memories are 50 years old,
DeleteMother always put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving and I do the same, but this year, the tiny tree has been sitting in the nook with lights only since last Friday. I could not make myself drag out the Christmas stuff. I am going to decide what I use each year and keep only that and its a huge task. today I am going to just getter done... Mother felt about Christmas like you do. I am more Daddy's Jr Grinch. I love looking at it but not the doing... hugs and dance on with whomever is there. I understand about family scattered
ReplyDeleteLast year our Christmas decor was minimal and this year it will be the same unless we can nab some gr-daughters to help.
DeleteAny opportunity to dance is good. The family dancing under the tree warms my heart.
ReplyDeleteI loved dancing with our kids under the tree and wish I could do some more dancing with our gr-kids.
DeleteBeautiful and heartwarming photos! Thank you so much for sharing the video of the Christmas food court as well!
ReplyDeleteI would love to be in a food court like that!
DeleteI understand and feel every word you say and am loving this post with its wonderful photos and good cheer and joy for the season. Mine isn't shaking out as I planned, but it will shake out well -- I'll see lovely lights, be with people I love and be grateful and full of joy! Thanks for this one!
ReplyDeleteYou will have a great Christmas. Lights, people, joy, praise...All we need at any given times.
ReplyDelete