
Sometimes
we get lucky in our home movie watching. We may have wandered off to
watch a bit of "A Team" or we wander on to this, Les Miserables, if we
are lucky.
This
is history, bloody and messy. The whole story is about surviving, being
in love, fighting for beliefs, and having some tremendous music.
Of all the songs to watch, this one is a lynch pin.
As
is expected, people will die tragically, lovers almost miss their
window of love opportunity, the villain throws himself into water, the
hero rescues the lovers. The music grabs a hold of the audience and will
not let go until the curtain falls.
Victor Hugo was the author, THE author. There is so much that can be told about him and what he wrote.

Susan, I hate to admit this, but I'd never heard any songs from Les Miserables, nor have I seen the movie, but your feature here brought me to tears. You've convinced me that this has to be something to watch. Blessings my friend!
ReplyDeleteI hope you can check it out.
DeleteI saw it performed in London many, many years ago. Very powerful!
ReplyDeleteYou saw it in London! What a treat. We lived in Ireland at the time. went to London for something, and saw the signs. Not enough money back then for such.
DeleteI have not seen it, I am not fond of musicals, but this one I might like to see. I like that angry song a lot
ReplyDeleteThere is so much passion in the musical. History was brutal, but there is still love.
DeleteThat movie clip was cool!
ReplyDeleteglad you enjoyed it.
DeleteI am always amazed that music is the best way to tell a story. Les Misérables is one of the best examples.
ReplyDeleteMusic is a universal language.
DeleteWhat a story, and told right as it was here, well, it's just a wow.
ReplyDeleteIt was well written in words and music.
DeleteI still have not seen this.
ReplyDeleteI realized that some bloggers might have seen this post, in 2019? I think.
DeleteIt's a wonderful musical with such a brilliant score. I love that song too. I hope you sometime get to see it on stage. The movie is wonderful but being in the theatre with them... goosebumps!
ReplyDeleteWe went to a stage performance at San Diego Concert many years ago. I watched parts of it here at home. But I would love to see it again.
Delete