blog Followers

Friday, May 27, 2022

The Evil Eye

 The eye has come to represent surveillance and the fear of being watched, as in Fritz Lang’s 1927 silent sci-fi film Metropolis (Credit: Kino)

 

There wasn’t a battery strong enough to jolt Martha from her chair and out into her workshop

Over the years, age had taken a big bite from her youth and left her as drooped as wilted lettuce in a garden.   

Each year Critics would award ribbons to Martha's garden that somehow remained lovely year after year.  Martha smirked as the fellow gardeners gave her the evil eye.

They have no idea about the evil eye. I could mow them over, like that.

This week's words come from wisewebwoman.blogspot.com who manages to give bloggers hard words to manage. Please hop on over and see if she can stump you.

14 comments:

  1. Love your take - and the illustration is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! And have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you. In Illinois, Memorial Day was special, honored. I remember putting flags on Veterans' grave site.

      Delete
  3. The evil eye only works if it's believed in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imma tell you, I sure appreciate that sharp and many faceted halls in your brain. Neat short one.. We like it. From NC, smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be "FROM FLORIDA" I am a little distracted with the family here reading and commenting... LOL

      Delete
    2. Florida or Georgia, either seems to be swinging.

      Delete
    3. My faceted halls in my brain have so many turns. Some can be a little strange.

      Delete
  5. I'm wondering how Martha's garden stays so award worthy, when she can barely get out of her chair. Does she give the evil eye to people and make them care for the garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha should direct the other people to work for her. I would.

      Delete
  6. While i'd want to accuse her of cheating by using magic to keep her garden perfect, i don't want to come in for that evil eye myself.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!