Vintage child piano
What do we hold dear? Many things throughout the stages of our
lives are dear to us. For me? I cast back to the age when I was eleven years
old and wanted a piano so much, so very much. Any piano, even a toy piano with
a measly fifteen keys would have been fine.
Any piano, well maybe not. But there are other pianos that will amaze all.
A huge upright grand piano was moved into
our house when I was 13. It was so heavy
that it took six strong farmers to carry it into the house. The sound was amazing! How I treasured it. It was returned to the family who loaned to us. My parents eventually purchased a piano for the family. I was already in college, but we bought our own piano after our first baby was born.

I hope you had many happy years playing on that piano.
ReplyDeleteI started teaching myself when I was 14, have been blessed by music ever since.
DeleteI don't play but I've always been in a house with a piano. My mother played and she had a baby grand. My wife plays and we have an upright.
ReplyDeleteHaving a mother play a grand must have filled the house. Upright pianos are the best.
DeleteLike you, i wanted a piano so much! When i finally got lessons, a teacher told me, "It's too bad you waited so late to start, you could have been really good." Not long after, i gave up, although i do still enjoy music and i made sure my kids got lessons very young.
ReplyDeleteToo bad that she discouraged you like that!
DeleteI was not musically inclined but always admired those with talent. 2 of my kiddos play various instruments and my oldest learned as an adult. So it's never too late to start! I'm glad you were able to get your piano.
ReplyDeleteOur piano is excellent. Made in 1951, like me.
DeleteI took piano when I was a kid and gave it up. I wish I'd kept with it. Now I could never afford a piano!
ReplyDeletePeople give away their pianos after a few years. We got mine at a consignment store.
DeleteI'm wondering if you still have the first piano you bought? I took lessons when I was a young girl, but never continued, and can only play a couple songs to this day. So glad to hear you love pianos too.
ReplyDelete~Sheri
It returned back to the original owner (a cousin) and I hope it stayed with the family.
ReplyDeleteI did take (very brief, at recess) piano lessons from Sister Ann- just enough for "I know what that means", but no real skill. And I did have the Piano Box, which wasn't remotely the same.
ReplyDelete