Commercials. What can be said, except they are dismissive of our intelligence. Given that bit of wisdom, commercials that can make one smile and think, "Dang! That was good!" are just fine.
Geico and Progressive are amazing in its creativity. Go down the photos, see what commercial catches you.
Geico with White Snake
wedding 30 seconds
Here, Geico explores
the horror of teenagers with a garage
full of sharp weapons, along with a mass murderer
About 1 minute
Progressive, about 1.5 minutes
I can identify with each one in some way or another. Where are you? Are you motivated to hide in a garage filled with tools made to be used violently?
In this age of who knows what is on the TV what commercials will surprise us. If we ignore the Super Bowl, Olympics, and the Oscars,then focus on these, we will survive.
Always cool to hear Whitesnake.
ReplyDeleteDr. Rick ones are funny although they might be losing some of their steam.
But I love Dr. Rick!
DeleteSadly, on the rare occasions that a clever advertisement is made, it is shown again and again and again. And again. Until it joins the long list of ads I ignore.
ReplyDeleteYes, again and again. We can recite some commercials word by word.
DeleteSome commercials can be funny. Too many of them make me scratch my head and wonder what they were thinking when they made them.
ReplyDeleteSome ad man is working like crazy to create a new commercial.
DeleteWe are fortunate, we seldom see a TV unless it is at a restaurant. We have two here in the coach, neither has been on in at least 3 months. I plan to learn (again) how to play a CD, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
ReplyDeleteBut I sorta liked the first one about motor cycles. BUT fact is I have never seen either.
BUT no matter, Life is good.
Love from a sorta rainy Florida
I love the Geico commercial with rider on bike.
ReplyDeleteJack, promise me that you won't activate your TV. You're on a travel trip, enjoy Florida.
Those are by far some of the best commercials ever. My favorite are the Progressive becoming your parents commercials, they crack me up!
ReplyDeleteI know, right? I watch Dr. Rick trying to cap the you-are-your-parents. It makes me giggle.
DeleteHere's my favorite... https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IJTO/geico-buzzer
ReplyDeleteI will give it a try. That site is awesome. Thanks.
DeleteThat GEICO spot never fails to crack me up. Unfortunately -- and I hate to pull the 'O' card -- I find the Dr. Rick commercials a bit offensive.
ReplyDeleteThat one always makes the one I enjoy.
DeleteDr. Rick wrestles with the adults who can't help themselves.
I don't like any of those, but hiding in a basement filled with chainsaws had me throwing my arms in the air "why??"
ReplyDeleteAnd the last one with the man throwing away the seat cushion/back support? I would have sneaked over and taken it back as soon as he turned away.
I agree. I'd also sneak over.
DeleteThe Progressive one is that one that made me LOL!
ReplyDeleteParking the car over by the exit? Yes, of course!
DeleteIf the commercial annoys me enough, i generally avoid the product.
ReplyDeleteMakes sense.
DeleteOhhhhhh, the Progressive parents one crack me up. Mostly because I can identify with them. And my kids tell that Progressive has me down to a T.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite was when the guy holding a training session, asked who had paper tickets.
They all held up paper tickets.
To which, the trainer said, "Okay, we're off to a bad start."
Incidentally, I also write checks and go to the Post Office.
That man nails his role perfectly.
Delete