
Gary Larson is a brilliant, unusual cartoonist. No Beetle Bailey, Blondie, Dennis the Menace. Those came from previous decades and did not seem to come to the modern ages. And that was where Gary Larson flourished.
Larson enjoyed creating cartoons that captured the most unlikely characters. He enjoyed drawing about a variety of strange people and COWS! There are the usual cows, in the fields or just hanging around. Or, are they?

Gary Larson loves Western themes. This particular wild west exists in his mind and lacks lots of violence. Dogs are always bordering on insane. Hunters are doomed by any animal around. Wild games' goals are survival and take revenge.
When one discovers an artist like Gary Larson, head on to his site and then appreciate this talented man. In this crazy time, he is the one to put it all into his peculiar and a bit crazy focus.
If you would like a view into the man, go to the sites below. You will not regret it.
Brief history of Gary Larson Gary Larson, cartoonist
I love Gary Larson too! A unique comedic genius!
ReplyDeleteHow he creates cows lying in wait for the farmer, I do not know where his brain takes him.
DeleteShame he stopped, but he didn't fizzle out that way. Loved The Far Side. Have all the books.
ReplyDeleteNo, he retired, just needed some down time in his life. He had been busy for a few decades.
DeleteLove Far Side but tiny town weekly paper doesn't carry him. Thanks so much for the link. Bookmarked now.
ReplyDeleteI know you will enjoy that link.
DeleteVery interesting. Strange how I can see, read and enjoy cartoons and seldom notice the oringinator. Thanks for pointing out something obvious that I over look. At times genius is hidden in plain view.
ReplyDeleteLove it,
Sherry & jack, smiling is good for the soul
Good point: genius is hidden in plain view.
DeleteWe are definitely fans. Big fans.
ReplyDeleteI think there are more fans than could be predicted.
DeleteI enjoyed those.
ReplyDeleteMy gr-daughters have "borrowed" one book. I'll let them keep it.
DeleteHis cartoons fit our times well.
ReplyDeletePerfect. He came along with our generation, who hate
DeleteBeetle Bailey.
I've always enjoyed Larson's weird wacky humor. This is the kind of stuff that I enjoy.
ReplyDeleteArlee Bird
Tossing It Out
Same here. He is awesome.
DeleteLarson is a bizarre sicko. I really like him!
ReplyDeleteHe has retired because he felt worn out, but fortunately he has a library.
DeleteWe love Gary Larson! my younger daughter once had a Daily Cartoon calendar and she kept it in the kitchen so we could all get the laugh of the day.
ReplyDeleteMakes me to go calendar hunting.
DeleteI adore Gary Larson. I wish he was my friend. He has human nature spot on. And animals, too!
ReplyDeleteHe said that his family is paranoid with peculiar humor. He has a brother who is little strange, too.
DeleteI love Gary Larson too. The one you showed with the school for the gifted, I have that one in my daughters scrap book. She was a gifted student and could never open a door properly - still has problems and she's in her thirties now lol!
ReplyDeleteI taught gifted children for a few years. This is truly what I saw.
DeleteI am most familiar with Far Side and I loved that comic and i don't normally like comics!
ReplyDeleteFar Side is one that everyone can identify with.
DeleteI love his humor
ReplyDeleteHe must have been fun as a child.
DeleteBig Gary Larson fan here! He's one of those twisted thinkers who see the world in just the right, skewered way. My husband absolutely fell in love with his Boneless Chicken Ranch cartoon. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHe has such a way of looking at life.
DeleteBoneless Chicken Ranch.
DeleteMy favorite.
He has a quirky, yet gifted sense of humor. I'm a big fan of his cartoons.
ReplyDeleteHe certainly is.
DeleteAs much as i love Beetle, Blondie, Dennis and the rest, Mr. Larson filled a niche of his own and i always enjoyed his comic strip.
ReplyDeleteHe met a spot that many people may not have realized how good he is, and how the previous cartoons are done.
DeleteI love The Far Side. I don't know if you know this, but Facebook (if you have a Facebook account-I hate Zuckerberg's baby, but I go there for the jokes), has a Far Side group you may be interested in. You'd be amazed by how many people either don't understand the joke or complain about being offended by these cartoons.
ReplyDeleteLarson's sense of humor is nearly identical to my own.
ReplyDelete