blog Followers

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Side effects? HAH

Side affects may include cancer and seizures and death - meme

 

 

 My doctor has prescribed medicines for me that sounded good until I asked "What are the side effects?" And then the list comes forward. I have looked at her, saying that if there are even 1% to 8%, I will experience every single one on the list. She always smiles and even giggles.

side effects may include | Know Your Meme 
 
What exactly are "side effects + drugs"?
If you have had them, the following
may amuse or horrify you:
 The following list was one we 
heard on my folk's TV, following:

 May cause exploding diarrhea, May cause gangrene in male genitals,May cause immediate and extreme weight gain, May cause suicidal thoughts...a plethora of a whole bunch of bad side effects.


Reading some of those crazy side effects are a bit scary. Be prepared.


1. Severe blisters and peeling skin:  extensive skin loss over 30% similar to burns.

2. Toxic necrosis, death of cells spreading through the body.

3. Nerve damage, beginning in the hands and feet and later moving to the center of the middle of the body.

4. Hallucinations involving visual, smell, depression, sleep deprivation.

5. Priapism which is an unwanted, painful, persistent erection.

6. Birth defects

7. Compulsive behaviors, causing urges to perform a list of undesirable and intense excessive actions.

The list of medications and their horrible side effects is too darn long for this blog.

Lesson to be learned here is to read the information paper folded up in the box containing the possible effects. Lesson is to always discuss this with doctor and pharmacist. 


Heck of a thing, isn't it? 


We went back to Illinois for my brother's funeral. A lady from the church brought really good soup. We were process of eating and enjoying when a commercial appeared, followed by a commercial advertising something. The side effects were given, and we spewed soup all over.   Explosive diarrhea and gangrene in male genitals were a possibility to hit a man's genitals. 

Who knew?


27 comments:

  1. Someone once told me that there is no such thing as 'side effects'. They are all effects - you just don't want some of them. Which makes sense to me, but goodness some of the other effects are scary. I do hope that the story about the soup after your brother's funeral isn't recent. My heartfelt condolences if it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother died in 1997. It is still like yesterday. The spewing of soup was one of the few moments where we laughed.

      Delete
  2. Hilarious! (And scary, too!) Unlike my hubby, I do my best to ignore the fine print. What caused me to spit my wine, however, was a recent televised cautionary: "May cause bad diarrhea." (Like, is there a good diarrhea?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes there is no good diarrhea. There is bad and worse, and ohboyhowdy horrible.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. What part of Illinois did he live in? I think I mentioned once before I'm from Central IL.
    Seems like there's always a tradeoff with drugs, doesn't it?
    YOU take special care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lived in Pittsfield, IL, about 20 miles from the Mississippi River. Quincy and Springfield were nearby, Jacksonville was on the drive to Springfield. Central is part of a very busy rural life.
      Meeting a fellow Illinoisan is such a gift.

      Delete
  4. This is why I don't go to doctors! So sorry about your brother Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother Bill was 44 when he died after surgery. I go to doctors. My migraines and the meds manage to slam my head on the floor.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. Sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost never read the side effects list. I don't usually have trouble with medications and I am astonished that anything with the side effects you listed there would even be manufactured, much less given to people. my only medication problem was heartburn from my blood pressure pills and we changed them three times, then added a pill for the heartburn and I have no more problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky. I manage to nail ever side effect.

      Delete
  7. I'd like to try a little nonischemic priapism. Just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I find interesting is that some of the side effects are similar to what the drug is trying to treat. Like a drug for constipation that causes constipation. I do pay some attention to side effects; there is actually a drug I refused to take (Boniva)my gyn (now retired) said "none of my patients have had the serious side effects (can rot out your jaw, just for starters)" well, I didn't want to be the first. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is why you don't take the medicine unless the need for it outweighs the possibility of having the side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that all that small print about side effects is to cover the manufacturer but are also TRUE. I take no meds. The only one I have taken was the Statin. It did ruin the muscles in one arm, I dropped them and doing very well. Anyway this was a very funny and true entry. It is nice to be able to laugh, even at sad/serious times.
    Enjoye the visit.
    Sherry & jack smiling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes meds are the worst thing. Found that out myself.

      Delete
  11. I'm sorry to hear about your brother, was that recent? The side effects are so ridiculous. Who in their right mind thought it would be okay to have us take such risks. Isn't there something better that can be made, lol. If I'm a guy, and gangrene in the genitals is on the table, I'm very carefully weighing my choices before agreeing to go into that arena. On a side and very loosely related note, we ran a review Kahoot in class last Friday. One of the kids made his screen name 'Jenna Tolls.' Of course, I booted him from the game and quietly put his laptop on my desk so he could not participate, but secretly (and I'm definitely not condoning) I thought it was a clever for his age bracket, lol. Kids today are way more grown up than they were when I was in his grade. ;) Wishing you a wonderful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He died in 1997, from a brain tumor. People in their community helped with food.
      Clever boy! You handled it well.

      Delete
  12. I think we need to learn which bark to chew and which flower to eat and avoid all the synthetic drugs that are peddled to us daily so that corporate greed can be sated. Gangrene in my genitals? I think I'll pass on that! I am getting old but I am not dead and I still have plans for them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well said. My gr-grandma was a herbalist, people came to get something to help illnesses. We need to keep vital body parts. like those.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd rather have the horsefat butter....

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!