Brains are independent, if somewhat unpredictable and frustrating. This three-pound organ controls the entire body. But does it really?
Yes, of course it does. The brain somehow managed to give Beethoven his music, and Georgia O'Keefe her art. So what in the world was Toby Turner's brain doing??
YouTube, 3 minutes long. Watch it a 2nd time. Why not?
There is one delightful part of the verses, where Toby says "Cold Play", but I am certain he says "Cornflakes". Oh well.
Here are the lyrics, since I can almost guarantee you'll want to read along.
Lyrics: Dramatic Song
Toby Turner
Toby Turner
This song sounds dramatic
But I'm bad at writing words
If you don't speak English
This probably sounds pretty good
You'd probably think I'm singing
'Bout some pretty serious stuff
But in reality I'm singing 'bout
The lack of stuff
'Bout some pretty serious stuff
But in reality I'm singing 'bout
The lack of stuff
I'm singing 'bout
This part's intense
And emotional
As long as you don't understand it
Your foreign grandma
Would love this song
This part's intense
And emotional
As long as you don't understand it
Your foreign grandma
Would love this song
Please send it to her
And she'll probably tell her
Foreign friends about the song her
Grandson or daughter sent her today
And she'll probably tell her
Foreign friends about the song her
Grandson or daughter sent her today
This song might hit the charts in her country
If parts sounded like Coldplay
If the chorus sounds like Coldplay
Then I put some La-La-La's in there
La la la la la
La la la la la la la la (Coldplay)
If parts sounded like Coldplay
If the chorus sounds like Coldplay
Then I put some La-La-La's in there
La la la la la
La la la la la la la la (Coldplay)
Hopefully your foreign grandma
Listens to this song everyday
And if she asked you to translate…
Listens to this song everyday
And if she asked you to translate…

How I wish that my brain was as supple and as creative as some.
ReplyDeleteAnd feel for you on the dark room days front.
It is odd. When I have a migraine, I lose my verbal voice. the words are hidden. I can write, esp. when John is here and we giggle at possible words.
DeleteI do not like Santa Anas. This time out, my eyes are really watering. This is not usual for me.
ReplyDeleteSame here, my eyes hate the winds.
DeleteFunny, the western I am reading now is dealing with the Santa anna-s.
ReplyDeleteThe song, glad you put the words in. I wish I could still determine notes and keys. Anyway enjoyed the read and hope you get some relief soon and there are no big fires in the making.
Love ya, relax be safe and try to be good.
Sherry & jack in North Carolina.
Glad you enjoyed some of it. It is a clever song, my gr-daughters had to tell me what the lyrics were.
DeleteGo away, wicked winds, and head pain!
ReplyDeleteYes! What she said!
DeleteI tend to want to hibernate in the winter. We are each affected by the weather even if the effects are different.
ReplyDeleteExtreme temperatures, strong winds---. It is life for me.
DeleteMy FB Better Part post was about focus- and my lack of it...
ReplyDeleteMaybe another time?
Delete