blog Followers

Monday, May 16, 2022

The COOL Cars we love

 

 
1958 Oldsmobile
                                                             1957
 
While my own experience with cars is limited to home to school/store to home, I had spent time with my grandson, the car thief. Thank you, dear Lord, for technology. We will watch him grow up.
 
 While his vocabulary was that of a two-year old (which he was at the time), he had clear vision on the types of cars.  There are three:  little cars, big cars, and cool cars.  He was quite serious when he said "COOL cars."

It makes perfect sense, this division of cars.
Here are some “cool cars”.

I tried to remember what this is....





Now, given that these are “cool cars”, there are many cars that used to be the "Kings of Cool Fast Cars".  Sadly, they have broadened their line. Now the cool cars are really expensive, and not that cool.
 
Maserati Kubang SUV
Not your father's Maserati


The Dukes of Hazard and Magnum P.I. must weep at the devolution of the cool fast cars.

P.S.  The Mustang is still the Mustang.  You can see them at this site.
 

I need to get better cars, some cool cars. These are not.








19 comments:

  1. The love of cars has pretty much passed me by. Mind you I MUCH prefer the shape of the old cars to the modern ones. I hope your surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shapes of the old cars are pieces of art.

      Delete
  2. I love 'em all. I especially love that little car thief! I loved 'playig cars' as a kid, maybe that is my trouble today. LOL Beautiful cars. It does me good to just see 'em.
    Hope all is going well with you! take it easy and be safe... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going well. Hand is healing nicely, but needs the time to mend.

      Delete
  3. my hubby is like your grandson, has been since birth and still is at 85. he is still all about the cool cars and most of those are from his growing up years. we both love car shows, OLD cars Cool Old Cars, not the new cars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping there will be the vintage car show this year! I enjoy the pick-ups from the 50s.

      Delete
  4. The yesteryear cars had more hood space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had lots of room every where. Our family of 7 fit in one no problem.

      Delete
  5. That Judge is sweet! The closest I came was Dad's cream-colored '67 Impala with a small block, but my nephew was a big block Chevelle head with whom I had quite a few adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cars were impressive.The cars were huge.

      Delete
  6. If it gets me to work and back, it's cool enough for me. How sad is that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The car buffs like to gather locally from time to time. One of these days I might take a look, but not likely. So many cool cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gr-daughter (age 14) wanted to get a Shelby GTO.

      Delete
  8. I like that bright blue one, it reminds me of the Australian Monaro of the 60s, but the others are all too big and square for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The era of big cars wouldn't work for me. Nice to look at...

      Delete
  9. The blue car looks nice. I also like old vintage cars.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first new car was a 68 Dodge Charger. That thing would get up and scoot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are cool cars for sure, especially that blue one. I remember driving in my best friend's shiny blue Mustang. That car took us everywhere. Thanks for the fond memories.

    ~ Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!