blog Followers

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Yipstick

  

Commercials have changed gradually, neither good or bad.  It is hard to explain, but health and beauty are huge on the commercial market. Women + kept home to work or whatever + eating + looking in the mirror are generally unhealthy for all. 

My gr-daughters have taken me to Ulta, a store that is a cornucopia for all sorts of make-up with all its enticement. They had a list and some $$ from Dad. I followed along, mentally tallying how much they needed when Dad's $$ ran out. Not much $$ at all, but it thrilled me.

Lipstick is marked as being an instigator of make-up history. Fruit dyes (no cost) for lips then. Now lipsticks are chemical magic, expensive magic at that. 

Who likes lipstick? Besides teen age girls at ULTA, little girls who have found Mommy's lipstick in her purse really love lipstick. 

If I have discovered this major cuteness by myself, think how many videos there might be of lipstick fans?


Just a note, I am not a make-up collector. My gr-daughters do that for me.


20 comments:

  1. If i have to wear lipstick any time soon, i'll have to spend a good bit of time finding whatever i have around here. Then again, maybe i could go to Ulta and buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No lippie here either.
    The first small girl sounds like she is going to be a powerhouse later. I loved that she asked herself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little kids are so cute when they're excusing themselves with logic.
    I don't have makeup either, only the stuff I bought for my daughter's wedding 24 years ago. I should probably throw that out. I do have some pale pink nail polish, but rarely use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use eye liner and lip gloss. My natural beauty overshadows makeup. Hehehe.

      Delete
  4. I stopped wearing make-up several years ago. It was just too much trouble. Did you know that men used lipstick before women?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only worn lipstick about five times in my life, so these were really cute videos that suggested I am truly out of the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the word Yipstick and she is a doll. also love that she asked herself if it was ok to use it. thanks for the laughter.. I don't wear lipstick, in the distant past, i wore it a little but never red or a color, just the pale pink. raised by a dad that allowed no makeup, by the time i moved out at age 19 i started to use the pancake, but that is all i used. i have 2 five dollar tubes and use it to cover brown spots. and now that we wear mask, i cover only the brown spots and really no need to do that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad would not allow makeup until I went ahead and used it. Why he left that fly, I have no idea.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, those videos are adorable. I have six granddaughters and all of them (except the 7 month old) love makeup and Ulta. I have bought quite a few Ulta gift certificates for them over the years and that makes them happy. . I like makeup, myself, but haven’t had a need for any since Covid. A mask, sunglasses, and a hat hides it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the laughs. We enjoyed the videos, kids are amazing. You know? I have things talk to me all the time telling me to do things, at times I listen.
    Loved it.
    Sherry & jack down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good thing for one to tell you to do things. Who know where you would end up?

      Delete
  9. I wear lip balm, not lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, with a tinge of color. Lipstick is labor involved.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!