blog Followers

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Hallelujah

 

Songs from my age are precious to me and others.  They spoke to our lives and experiences. Not that they were tender love songs, but the songs were meaningful.

Leonard Cohen composed and sang "Hallelujah" all around the world. Other artists arranged and re-arranged the lyrics by bits, keeping the general flow and sincerity of the song.  I wonder if he could have known the impact this song has had?

Pentatonix, a music acapella group, performed the song with their unique vocal combinations.  Here, an 11 yr. old girl, Kaylee, performed with them on stage. Kaylee has ADHD and Autism, a girl with tremendous talent.  


History shows the artists through time who have struggled with difficulties which were kept hidden or undefined them.  But when we hear how they fought "the devils" to write or paint their treasures we can appreciate how they wrestle with much.

Musicians And The Stigma Of ‘Mental Illnesses’ Association Of Mental Illness And Stigmatization 

1.Suicide Of Kurt Cobain And Bipolar Disorder 
2.Jim Morrison And Drug Abuse 
3.Ludwig van Beethoven And Bipolar Disorder 
4.Maroon 5 Lead Singer And ADHD 5.
5.Sinead O’Connor And Bipolar Disorder 
6.Beyonce, Depression
7.Demi Lovato depression and Bipolar Disorder
8. Van Gogh, Gauguin, Pollock
And many more.

So, this precious 11 yr. old girl with ADHD and Autism rises above the broad spectrum of possibilities that defeat others. 

Gotta keep our eyes and ears open for this talented girl Kaylee.


32 comments:

  1. That was very nice to listen to and my eyes did tear up a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is a reminder just how many musicians, and artists in general, have struggled with these issues. What is striking is how this has been an ongoing story for such a long period of time.

    Hopefully Kaylee will find great success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. Autism is finally getting the recognition it needs.

      Delete
  3. And we can't forget alcoholism which is legal in the states, either. Drugs and alcohol have taken so many of our gifted musicians over time. I'm glad you also pointed out the hidden ones, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alcoholism is a result of such evil. Unborn lives are poisoned in utero, which cause all sorts of neurological disability.

      Whenever another artist's death is reported, their talent can never grow to what it could have.

      Delete
  4. That was beautiful, I will have to find out more about Kaylee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless her. My nephew is Autistic, and his mom was a tiger in pushing the district to meet his needs. He has a BA in Forestry, a great job, and he is a wonderful young man.

      Delete
  5. I saw this on TV, she is truly talented, as is the group she sang with. I sometimes get songs going round and round and cant stop them and i wonder if people who right songs, hear it in there head all the time... i love the show Songland and they amaze as do all who can write songs or books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. He was talented musician with a deeper understanding of life.

      Delete
  7. She has a beautiful voice.
    Think of Cody Lee who won America's Got Talent last year. He had severe autism but played and sang like he was Elton John or Billy Joel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cody Lee? I will look him up on YouTube. Thanks.

      Delete
  8. This is why mental health is so important. How many other talented individuals were not able to overcome those issues to share their gifts with the world?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful...an emotive post...thank you, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talent starts young, and hopefully is encouraged to pursue it.

      Delete
  10. I have been called cracked. ;-)
    BUT it would be hard to say more about that little girl. Even deaf, I can tell that sweet thing has TALENT that MOST talented people can even dream of. What a super person
    But the sad side of talent shows its ugly head too many times.
    Superb thoughts and words.
    Sherry & jack BE SAFE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cohen was a great musician and good man. And good on Kaylee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting to hear such talent overcoming obstacles.

      Delete
  12. You have hit right at the heart of where i live. My Bigger Girl was diagnosed with Aspergers, ADHD, and whole host of disabilities including dyslexia, and i was told the best she could hope for was a menial job and living in a group home someday. She's now a college graduate.

    May this precious child have a blessed and brilliant future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bless your Bigger Girl! It takes a lot for a child to face these challenges and overcome. It also takes parents who get involved from the very beginning. With my nephew, when Mary stepped onto the tarmac, I am sure the ground shook.

      You are awesome.

      Delete
  13. This song is always at the top of most favorite songs. That very talented young girl did it proud.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the program she was on. It was so moving. I got chills listening to it again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful post, Susan, and a beautiful video. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful, that song runs through my mind most of the time.

      Delete
  16. I love the Pentatonix and this little girl has an amazing voice. How wonderful that she has the music - and yes, there are so many artists who had and have to struggle with disabilities and difficulties in their lives.
    When I was still living in Germany I was volunteering with a crisis hotline. We got a lot of training in how to help - but there is only so much you can do over the phone. However, the important part was to listen and then give other resources that hopefully were able to help. Every time I felt so blessed for what I have (and still feel that way).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! And thanks for all that you do.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!