Working at home has forced all to juggle their schedules and try to fit the puzzle of life together. Sometimes it is great and sometimes it is not.
And then, how do parents try to work at home, while teaching their children?
This is for those who have watched "The Kingsmen". This always happened after the potluck dinners. Pretty mean. Gets mighty messy.
My daughters have/had Roombas. One daughter has two dogs. Their hair floats in the air and Roomba simply can't handle all that. Other daughter may have had a Roomba, but the dogs probably killed it.

It is hard to teach kids when they are smarter than you (or think they are!)
ReplyDeleteTeacher's position demands attention (Most kids notice that!) Of course I had to look that up, roomba, that is.
Love from down here. I am glad we did not have to teach at home. OUCH. Our grand daughter (single mom) is having a tough time of it, working at home and handling a daughter.
Oh yes. Smarter than the teacher, their parents. Sigh.
DeleteWe are certainly living in interesting times. The old curse is real.
ReplyDeleteYes, it is. I wonder if people think of witches and magic when "curse" comes up. They may have no idea.
DeleteWell this post certainly fits in the year 2020 perfectly! Our world has become total chaos
ReplyDelete2020 will certainly provide writing prompts for the next decade.
DeleteThat last one is funny!
ReplyDeleteIt made so much sense.
DeleteHa ha, that scene in "Kingsman" was the best part of the entire movie.
ReplyDeleteThat was. I didn't expect to see all hell breaking loose.
DeletePerhaps if nothing else, when we finally emerge from the lockdowns, teachers will be given the respect they totally deserve.
ReplyDeleteTeaching is hard work under normal circumstances.
DeleteI sympathize with any parents trying to school their children. When my children were in school I still had to teach them. The school system there was totally inept.
ReplyDeleteMissouri? Illinois? I know what you mean. Looking back at those teachers from 1960s makes me realize how inadequate it was. Bad kids in the back. Smart kids in the front. No interventions for learning disabilities.
DeleteOur teachers put the bad kids in the front row so they could keep a closer eye on them to help when needed.
DeleteMy last year at public school, I had 6 behaviour problem boys. Worst year ever. Those boys, sigh.
DeleteMy children went to school in Detroit. The teachers got a paycheck and I did the work.
DeleteIt's certainly a different sort of existence, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteDifferent times, different existence. I wonder what our gr-kids will tell their children.
DeleteThat last meme is hysterical. Never have I been more thankful than to be retired -- both as a parent and an employee.
ReplyDeleteSame here. Being a retired teacher is wonderful. Good choice.
DeleteI loved The Kingsmen and that video with the babies, the 11 stages of your day.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed that movie so much. Anything with babies makes me mellow out.
DeleteThat baby video was cute. I have always said if I have a child, I'd consider home schooling him/her. Other than the social interaction, I feel I could do a decent job. Most parents, on the other hand, don't have the skills to teach their children, OR the patience, either. This was fun.
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted a Roomba. With two cats that shed daily like autumn leaves fall from trees, I guess I won't do it.
Give them a check out. two cats and fur, yes that is challenging.
DeleteI don't have children, but I've been a Mother's Helper when I first came to the US. I can't even imagine how you do your regular job, the one you went to the office to do; how you do school at home with your kids; how you do all the rest of the stuff women do each and every day to take care of husbands, dogs, cats, goldfish and -- you get it. A lot of stuff!
ReplyDeleteeven though I have been active in all those before I retired, I am grateful to sit at my computer.
ReplyDeleteYou do some things on your "ranch" that I could not handle. Thanks for sharing it with us all.
The kiddos are running wild lol
ReplyDeleteMake sure they check sharp instruments at the door.
DeleteWe did homeschool, and it does take a good bit out of you.
ReplyDeleteTo do homeschooling right does take a lot out of parents. The school districts claim they have programs for that (!) Charter Schools are the best, as there is a curriculum, in a small virtual class.
Delete