Snow
fell with a vengeance. Indoors, forester "AxMan" Clement thought about the loaded supplies, ready to last for two calendar
weeks. He looked at the snow, Clement made the decision and opened the door.
“I’m going out to get the milk and doughnuts, honey!” Pregnancy demands, husband obeys.
Clement heard a familiar sound. He looked up, just in time to witness a potential tragedy.
Top of the tree swayed, as if undecided, out of balance. The "AxMan" below nervously ran away. Success is when an AxMan survives.
These are Wednesday Words from long ago. are from there. I am guessing this was back in 2013 or so.
![]() | |||||||||
| source |

love it
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed the short story.
DeleteMy husband worked for a tree service one summer in college. It can be quite dangerous work, and it isn't even quite what a logger has to do. So I appreciated the potential tragedy with what they call widowmakers. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteOld trees are treacherous. We had some old old maple trees.
DeleteLiving in deep woods, we have limbs fall every once in a while, and we've had to call experts to remove dead branches/trees that have the potential to hit our roof. I have nothing but respect for those tree experts!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Susan!
Tree experts can be busy and thankfully they take down the problem.
DeleteWe had a tree fall on our house when a tornado went through.
ReplyDeleteDouble whammy. during one thunder and lightening , an ancient maple was struck, fell on our old farm house. One brick chimney came down and soot poured onto parents' bed.
DeleteI hope he managed to get back again with the milk and doughnuts.
ReplyDeletethat is the issue. Milk and doughnuts are high on the list.
DeleteHeating with wood and having to cut down trees can be tricky business. Sometimes those trees have minds of their own! Since Jack is on a blood thinner I won't let him play with his chain saw or axes anymore! I hope the wife got those donuts!
ReplyDeleteMen always push the envelope.
Delete