blog Followers

Sunday, September 15, 2024

When you walk through fire, I will be with you...

I will read ashes for you, if you ask me. 

I will look on the fire and tell you from the gray lashes 
And out of the red and black tongues and stripes, 
I will tell how fire comes 
And how fire runs far as the sea
.
By Carl Sandburg


Fire all throughout the Southwest--it is burning, eating and consuming every single thing in its way.

from a distance
Residents are looking back at the fire, as they drive away with just clothes and photos.


From YouTube site


Dry dry air, heavy and suffocating.  Sun scorching burnt earth, 100 degrees or more. Tinder dry vegetation, ready to burn.

Oh, God!  Please protect the firefighters!  

Oh, God! Bless families whose homes are burned to the ground!

Every summer, I post about wildfires.  Last year, we could see the flames from our house. One year at a school where I taught, ashes covered playground and swings from a fire 25 miles away.

The photos below were taken from my porch.

From my front door during the day....

26 comments:

  1. I have heard of the fires going on out there. How foolishly that people are setting them. It hurts everyone and everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have decided that those people don't operate at top brain power.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry. And sadly more than familiar with smoke filled air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the fire in Australia some time ago. It was awful.

      Delete
  3. Yup, it's fire season once again. Sigh. I really hate this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want Fall. Desperately. We had 104 last week, but it has cooled down to 80s.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is darn scary. There had been other fires close to us back then., Now we live in Murrieta, CA, and they has been some big fires on Big Bear Mountain the past 2 weeks. Not near us.

      Delete
  5. I assume you have a "go" bag ready and waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when we lived in San Diego county, the fires were too close, and I packed photos and important papers. It was never necessary, but it seemed like it could go anywhere.

      Delete
  6. It must be so difficult for you living close to wildfires. You must be on edge all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once the fires are determined to be going in another direction, it is easier to take a breath.

      Delete
  7. to me, fire is the worst and scariest of all the elements, in water you have a chance to float or swim, in wind, to comes and goes and may sit you down. Fire just wipes out everything in its path.. I hope I never see a sight like this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more photos of other places burned. One was at Witch creek, and it was a pile of ashes.

      Delete
  8. Those fires are so frightening, Susan. May God protect you all in CA!
    Blessings, and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frightening. Some of the fires start in canyon of sage brush and travel on. In 2018, a town called Paradise in Northern California was literally burned to the ground. At first the loss of life was thought to be about 200, then about 87 was confirmed. The roads were inadequate for such a mass evacuation.

      Delete
  9. It is horrifying to see the devastation. And now earthquakes and snow warnings. How much can people take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God has a plan for everyone and everything. People survive because they know they have to get through all this stuff.

      Delete
  10. The season of fire is a season of pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this year is another bad fire season year. the hot, dry wind has fried leaves from my lilac and blood orange trees.

      Delete
  11. i am really really sorry for you and other inhabitants are facing such huge wildfires dear Susan !
    seems like every part of land has it's own particular problem but this one feels more terrifying indeed
    keeping you and all friends in my thoughts and prayers !!!
    please stay safe ! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. some parts of our northern hills including my home town catches fire every year as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when a fire heads to your hometown, it is esp. awesome,

      Delete
  13. A good reminder to pray- no matter the disaster is whose or what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People need to pray, seek God. Strange times , now a days.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!