blog Followers

Friday, September 8, 2023

Fish on the line

                                                                   Three Brothers Show Off Their Catches – Little Brother Stuffs His In His Mouth! – Country Music ...      


I enjoy fishing.  Really.  Catching fish is other story but I give it a good try.  One time my brother Don and I went deep sea fishing in San Diego.  Amazing. I learned to bait the hook. I laughed when it fell off and some stray mackerel grabbed it. Good memory.

Fishing went well 

  

His mom will always remember this. 

 

An outdoor boy 

 Daddy and daughter, good times.

A previous post had a 3 yr. old catching a fish, with Daddy's guidance. This is a followup.

I had surgery done on my right hand, 9/7. Please add your comments to keep me enjoying life. I love reading what bloggers write and think.

15 comments:

  1. these are all great, my favorite is the small guy looking like he is about to kiss that fish... today might be a hard one since you had the surgery yesterday, 2nd and 3rd days seem to be the worst. prayers for healing and no pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a speedy recovery!
    And sorry, never got into fishing. Easier to just go buy one at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your surgery went well, Susan! Prayers for continued recovery and healing, my friend.
    And thanks so much for these sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep happy thoughts. It definitely helps the healing process. How cute are the three boys showing off their catch? Holding, displaying, and tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catch and release. That way no cleaning and cooking. Then go to McDonalds and get a fish sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Mike!
    Somewhere there's a picture of my then-15 y/o granddaughter about to kiss a fish. I think it had something to do with a boy, but still......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sent that top pic to my son a while back, with a caption about, "There's that one child in every family", and commented that it was his youngest. No argument there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do my "fishing" at the markets, let others bait up and sit around in the cold, that's not for me!
    Hope the hand heals well and quickly without complications.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great videos and pics. We remember well our boys fishing. We too loved to fish but haven't in a good while. For many years we fished at least 2 times a week but mostly 5 times. We love ' fishing and eating our catch.' Maybe next year..... Hope all is well and you heal quickly....
    I can only imagine having to care for a hand for a long period of time.......
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's ages since I've been fishing...and since I've caught a fish. Once upon a time.....

    I hope your hand heals soon...and isn't causing you discomfort. Take good care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susan - I sure hope the hand and arm are healing up - just a nuisance, but soon behind you I hope. I remember fishing off the Cornish coast - though I've never done any river/stream fishing - except to catch tinies in a net and release them immediately! Great memories though - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fishing is easy, catching, not always so much.

    I used to take the kids to the dock when we were in Florida, I'd bait the hook then they were on their own. They'd feed small ones to the heron that always came over for a handout, and bring the big ones home to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope the healing process has begun well. Good luck and follow dr. orders. I haven't really been on the computer, so I'm catching up. Thanks as always for your comments. Much appreciated.
    This is a cute post. I like eating fish (but no fish eyes looking at me), but I don't want to touch 'em or bait or...actually do the fishing. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!