blog Followers

Friday, September 29, 2023

Trees have right-a-way.

 Trees are patient.  Trees go and grow wherever there is food, water, and light. Trees do not care what year, decade, century or millennia it is.

-Rainbow Eucaliptus-the unique multi-hued bark is the most distinctive feature of the tree. Patches of outer bark are shed annually at differant times, showing a bright Green inner bark. This then darkens and matures to give Blue, Purple, Orange and then maroon tones.
Rainbow Eucalyptus
Trees are amazing. Did you know that roots can put on bark and become trunk like but that trunks can't become roots and withstand moisture? Amazing.
Roots can put on bark...   

 
Moreno bay fig tree, brought to US by sailors from Australia

 
pring and early summer.

Camel Thorn (Vachellia erioloba), Africa

 
Cannon ball tree
Cannonball Tree (Couroupita guianensis)
 
 
 Methuselah , 5000 yrs old

Great Basin Bristlecone Pine (Pinus longaeva)

The Planet’s Most Amazing Trees and Where to Find Them – Fodors Travel Guide
 
 
The Planet’s Most Amazing Trees and Where to Find Them – Fodors Travel Guide 
We were there twice recently. Yosemite Park
 
 This would be quite a tour to take. Wish we could see these miracles of creation in life.

I was a 8-yr old tree climber.  Dad kept tearing down our boards nailed to a monstrous maple. We gave up, but my 9 yr old brother Robert, 5 yr old Bill, and 3 yr old Mary grabbed an ax and we went down to the creek to cut down trees and make a cabin.
 
Now I have to take the next two weeks carefully. Sigh. Please keep commenting. It means a lot to me.

13 comments:

  1. these are absolutely AMAZING!!! all of them, we have those fig trees every where here in central Florida, the are fatastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree tour. You must see somethings 'in person', the giant trees of California/West Coast one must see up close to appreciate the actual size. It puts one in AWE, and makes you realize how small our big oaks are in comparison...
    Take care of that hand,.,,,,
    Sherry & jack backhere onthe first coast...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What magnificent trees! The rainbow eucalyptus is new to me so I looked it up. Now I am considering having one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! This is all new to me, and now I'm wanting to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trees are awe inspiring and amazing. And often very beautiful. Good luck in the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But the longer you're careful, the more likely you are to mend, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful collection of trees.
    Make sure you take the next two weeks carefully, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trees are so resilient and determined to grow, they'll spring up wherever there is a place for a seed to set roots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could have that Eucalyptus tree! Wouldn't that look amazing! Such beautiful trees. I've never been to Yosemite but I sure would love to put it on the "to go" list! I hope you continue to heal and be back to blogging when it's time and safe for you. Take care Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That second one made me think, "Sisyphus"....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for your good health.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my deepest love are tree !
    thanks for lovely and informative sharing .being a tree climber child i know what they mean for one before entering the practical world of adults magical indeed

    ReplyDelete
  13. Akk! I missed this post somehow! I've posted so many I couldn't tell you if I've posted any of these except one, the Bristlecone Pine.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!