blog Followers

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Past Present Now After

 

I did not write this - but WOW does it speak to my heart!!! Worth the read. 

Barely the day started and... it's already six in the evening.

Barely arrived on Monday and it's already Friday.

... and the month is already over.

... and the year is almost over.

... and already 40, 50 or 60 years of our lives have passed.

... and we realize that we lost our parents, friends.

and we realize it's too late to go back...

So... Let's try, despite everything, to enjoy the remaining time...

Let's keep looking for activities that we like...

Let's put some color in our grey...

Let's smile at the little things in life that put balm in our hearts.

And despite everything, we must continue to enjoy with serenity this time we have left. Let's try to eliminate the afters...

I'm doing it after...

I'll say after...

I'll think about it after...

We leave everything for later like ′′ after ′′ is ours.

Because what we don't understand is that:

Afterwards, the coffee gets cold...

afterwards, priorities change...

Afterwards, the charm is broken...

                                                         Afterwards



afterwards, health passes...

Afterwards, the kids grow up...

Afterwards parents get old...

Afterwards, promises are forgotten...

afterwards, the day becomes the night...

afterwards life ends...

And then it's often too late....

So... Let's leave nothing for later...

Because still waiting see you later, we can lose the best moments,

the best experiences,

best friends,

the best family...

The day is today... The moment is now...

We are no longer at the age where we can afford to postpone what needs to be done right away.

So let's see if you have time to read this message and then share it.

Or maybe you'll leave it for... ′′ later "...And you'll never share it... 

This comes from "Brazosport Class of 1963"

 


22 comments:

  1. Hi Susan - absolutely yes to all of them ... thanks for reminding me of the years gone by ... happiness took me by the hand. Take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect reminder for us to all read while we are in the grip of this virus that has changed our world forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are VERY wise words.I've been working on a post about stolen time. It's going SO fast. but it is up to us as to how we use that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "If I could Put time in a bottle...Jim Croce

      We have a certain number grains of sand, and then it's time to move on.

      Delete
  4. YES, YES, YES and AMEN!
    I try to live the top graphic which actually says it all. What future Ihave left, I must try harder.
    Love ya, great post.
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is perhaps an overworked cliché perhaps, but one that is so true, we should LIVE every day as though it is our last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is something we need to remind ourselves.

      Delete
  6. Yup. But I won't be sharing it. (I have an issue with any social media post that exhorts one to pass it on. Not that I don't, sometimes. But when a tweet tells me to retweet, I am more likely to not. I'm contrary that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ignore those posts, even if given by someone I know.

      Delete
  7. Let's try, despite everything, to enjoy the remaining time..

    Amen

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. This its really good. As I start to get older I am in complete astonishment that things are going by so fast and that decades have passed from the time of my youth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is not the months passing, it is the decades! Looked at Halloween photos of our kids 40 years ago...oh, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!