blog Followers

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Lone One in the Middle


Photo taken in Bern, Switzerland
Farmer's field of wheat, to be harvested the next day

 Being a lone voice in a cacophony of dissent takes courage. To stay put, to continue to honor, to show respect is to be a warrior.

1989 Phenomena



Being a lone voice in midst of chaos requires integrity, commitment, and faith. Be bold and have courage. Be a warrior.


28 comments:

  1. Awesome photos. I love that statue of Crazy Horse. My favorite today is the first one of that flower right in the middle of that field of green and it is true it's very hard to stand up for something that is not a popular review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to be one who holds true to their beliefs, but God blesses us when we walk with Him.

      Delete
  2. Strange how some pictures 'JUST HIT YOU'. First thanks for the Video with closed caption. I loved that story. As a sailor of course lighthouses ctch my eye.
    OH yes the red flower from Bern. Thanks for the history, I did not know that.
    BUT I made an exact shot of Crazy Horse as you have posted. WE did enjoy the post and it's meaning. SWEET.
    Sherry & jack
    Be safe and careful as you kids trick and treat tonight. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always great to see you, and know that you guys are settling. I cannot imagine the life of a lighthouse keeper.

      Crazy Horse, you captured that dramatic monument?

      Delete
  3. Oh yes. And that truth has perhaps never been truer than it is at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't back down. I will stand my ground.
    Tom Petty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. What a great movie. One of the best with 12 stellar stars. Henry Fonda was strong.

      Delete
  6. I am definitely not the warrior type. I'm the one hiding behind the chair in the corner.
    I do love the Crazy Horse monument.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday we'll see it!

      I am too feisty for my own good.

      Delete
  7. I may not be a warrior, but I will defend to the death of someone I believe has been abused or bullied. In a way, that's also standing up when so many others won't.

    Your lone poppy in the field of green is amazing. Reminds me of the poem "In Flanders Fields."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were visiting there in 2014, staying in a farmhouse area. We walked by cows waiting to be milked, and a field of wheat. There was this lone poppy out in the field.

      Delete
  8. My prayer is that i will stand on Truth and stay there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the best choice anyone can do. Stand tall, stand proudly.

      Delete
  9. In time he was acknowledged for defending his land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brave man, fought for his people to save them. Crazy Horse is an impressive man.

      Delete
  10. And there's so much chaos right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Will anything ever come close to the old-normal?

      Delete
  11. That first photo is striking. And I'm trying to be a warrior. It's not always easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That photo in a wheat field sea was striking. It was just there, red against green.

      Delete
  12. I've been to Arlington cemetery (not in the snow) - it's quite impressive. And Crazy Horse monument is outstanding. Good post. We must all stay strong. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday we hope to go see all those places soon. Maybe in a century or so, Crazy Horse monument will come close to being done.

      Delete
  13. It takes courage, faith and trust in God.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! We are not in charge of anything, God is.

      Delete
  14. Sometimes it feels less like a warrior and more like a reed in a flood...

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is indeed difficult being a lone wolf in a sea of conformity. It often Exemplifies courage.Sometimes the dissenter is right, sometimes they just represent a different point of view. But sometimes they are very wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!