![]() |
The Balloon of the Mind
Hands, do what you’re bid,
Bring the balloon of the mind
That bellies and drags
In the wind,
Into its narrow shed.
Wm. B. Yeats
![]() |
| Color of wine |
A Drinking Song
Wine comes in at the mouth
And Love comes in at the eyes.
That’s all we shall know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift my glass to my mouth,
I look at you and I sigh.
Wm. B. Yeats
William B. Yeats—always a favorite of mine. Enjoy, follow the balloons. Sip the wine.


Catchy little poems, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteThey are lovely.
DeleteI'll skip the wine, and enjoy the balloons in my mind.
ReplyDeleteIn June at Lake Skinner, a wine and balloon festival is held. The sky is fantastic.
DeleteI like Yeats too but haven't read these two little poems before.
ReplyDeleteHe has some lengthy tomes of poems which are interesting reading. But I like the simple thoughts.
DeleteI have a lot of balloons in my mind.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great thought.
DeleteGreat pic of the balloon. I, too, will skip the wine.
ReplyDeleteI have considered heading up to the sky, but not yet.
DeleteNot big on red wine.
A Drinking Song is a neat piece of verse.
ReplyDelete"I lift my glass to my mouth,
DeleteI look at you and I sigh." This is an enigmatic part, one that I have read many times, see its possibilities.
LOVE the Yeats!
ReplyDeleteIn Ireland, we visited his grave site and "Cast a cold eye/On Life, on Death/Horseman, pass by." Says so much.
DeleteThere some reason I like to go up hot air balloon.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on
I'd pop over for a cup if I could.
DeleteI can relate to the second poem much more than the first.
ReplyDeleteEach balances the other.
DeleteSometimes I'd rather pop my balloon than drag it around... That helium is too noisy.
ReplyDeleteYes, helium is noisy and basically unpleasant.
DeleteJust SWEET! I got a nice smile out of those quotes.
ReplyDeleteSherry & jack packing up the RV.
Sending love from NC
Safe journey!
DeleteI love hot air balloons. But not wine.
ReplyDeleteI like to watch the balloons in the sky, but I will stay earthbound.
DeleteSure fine verse indeed, just when drinking take heed.
ReplyDeletethere could be some awful things happen when too much wine on a balloon shows how gravity happens..
DeleteHe caught things in just the right way.
ReplyDeleteYeats has a great turn of language.
DeleteThanks for both of these verses.
ReplyDeleteI do enjoy a glass of wind from time to time …
In fact tonight I enjoyed a chilled glass of sauvignon blanc, it was very enjoyable :)
Enjoy your weekend.
All the best Jan
I like short poems best of all
ReplyDeleteThey can and do say much and more
But never short me on the wine
Or what I say will be a bore