blog Followers

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

And the possible side effects are...

27 Funny Minion QuotesThey will be very surprised. Me, me, me…I’m dead. Why ...
Minions
My doctor has prescribed medicines for me that sounded good until I asked "What are the side effects?" And then the list comes forward. I have looked at her, saying that if there are even 1% to 8%, I will have them. She always smiles and even giggles.

Here are some that I remember: May cause exploding diarrhea, May cause gangrene in male genitals, May cause immediate and extreme weight gain, May cause suicidal thoughts...a plethora of a whole bunch of bad side effects.


Reading some of those crazy side effects is a bit scary. Be prepared.

1. Severe blisters and peeling skin:  extensive skin loss over 30% similar to burns.

2. Toxic necrosis, death of cells spreading through the body.

3. Nerve damage, beginning in the hands and feet and later moving to the center of the middle of the body.

4. Hallucinations involving visual, smell, depression, sleep deprivation.

5. Priapism which is an unwanted, painful, persistent erection.

6. Birth defects

7. Compulsive behaviors, causing urges to perform a list of undesirable and intense excessive actions.

The list of medications and their horrible side effects is too darn long for this blog.

Lesson to be learned here is to read the information paper folded up in the box containing the possible effects. Lesson is to always discuss this with doctor and pharmacist. 

Seek possible holistic and natural aid.


Heck of a thing, isn't it? 




52 comments:

  1. After reading those side effects I think I'd prefer the disease. Wowsa. I am a gal who always has side effects so this medication would not be my friend. Exploding diarrhea alone is frightening but when you add toxic necrosis and a permeant erection I had to laugh. The poor guy has exploding diarrhea and a hard on that won't go away and he isn't having any fun with that side effect now. Oh how this made me laugh - thank you for the morning giggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am giggling with you. The ones I didn't include were even worse, really disgusting.

      Delete
  2. The side effects of a visit to your house does cause smiles and a few wonders. I love your medicine. The only pill I take is a multi vitamin but I think I am suffering from this one:
    .....Hallucinations involving visual, smell,.........
    HOwever #5 just may be interesting at my age, just sayin' about side effects.....
    Loved this one and AIN'T IT THE GOSPEL!!!
    Love ya
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even want to THINK about side effects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to overthink stuff, but then that probably means that is a good idea.

      Delete
  4. Some medications cause crazy side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cholesterol is in the acceptable range. Because of age a doctor decided I should begin taking medication for it. I began having an upset stomach so I looked up the side effects on my computer. Guess what was there. I told the doctor who prescribed a different medicine. One day I began to feel as if I could see through myself. Guess what one of the side effects was. Again the doctor prescribed something different. After a week I began to itch. By the time I saw the doctor I had scratched raw places all over my body. I refuse to try to control my cholesterol with anything other than natural methods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a hell of a thing. Years back I read a book which said there is no such thing as side effects. There are effects we want and those we don't. Which makes sense to me.
    My newest medication had a warning I have never seen before. It apparently can cause birth defects so users are warned not to get pregnant and also NOT TO GET ANYONE PREGNANT. Has anyone else ever seen similar warnings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, no! I hope you are using appropriate caution!

      Delete
    2. Pregnancy would be a miracle so no, no precautions taken or needed.

      Delete
  7. I have always thought the side effects were far worse than the disease they were supposed to cure. Years ago the one I read about that bummed me out the most was not the death thing but oily gas. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The explosive diarrhea freaks me out. What pharm company would withdraw it for that alone!

      Delete
  8. Side effects are serous and can cause lots of problems. I have been lucky in my life. I think that at most, I have gotten an upset stomach from antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had one that scared me, called the doctor. But otherwise, I've been okay, and I can see that you have as well.

      Delete
  9. I suspect that my doctor or my insurance concerns themselves more with this than I do. They took me off invokana after all the lawsuit ads. And invokana offered me the stuff for free for 3 years after it got bounced!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, screw the stupid medications. A lot of the time what you have is better than what they'll give you to "fix" what you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meds have a definite place in health maintenance, but meds are over prescribed, often causing more problems than they solve.

      Delete
  11. In some cases, I think ignorance is bliss. Modern medicine 'complications' remind me of that splendid Cliff Robertson movie, Charley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was such a good movie. I cried at the end and wished such could be possible.

      Delete
  12. This is why I prefer to stay off medication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are still young enough that you probably don't need any. Except antibiotics. .

      Delete
  13. I hate hearing the side effects! It makes me think there's a conspiracy to kill us off with prescribed medicines...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a conspiracy to charge us as much as possible.

      Delete
  14. Side effects can be so scary! I've had a few too where I've been like huh? Do I really want to take this?? And just those words "exploding diarrhea"... oh my. and that's not even the worst of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the spokesperson on TV said that one out loud, We had a laugh fest.

      Delete
  15. I'm always fascinated and a little scared when I watch ads on American TV for medication and they list all the side effects! It's enough to make me suffer in silence and try and avoid taking anything. Mind you that will probably kill me too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh i can relate so well dear Susan
    when i used the medicine for arthritis last year i was happy to see result until i realized that i started to have other issues ,then after reading side effects i quit them immediately
    as it is famous saying that CAUTION IS BETTER THAN CURE lessen is learned

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never ask about side effects, I just read the leaflet contained in the box and then take notice if I get any. I rarely get side effects, but my blood pressure tablets always cause trouble. One gave me severe heartburn, the second one caused continuous uncontrollable coughing, now I'm on the third different one and hoping it will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I DO always ask if any prescribed medication is compatible with what I'm already taking, including herbal remedies. For instance, so many things can't be taken if you eat grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rick and I talk about this all the time. Sometimes it seems the cure is worse than the disease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so true. John and I read about the side effects now.

      Delete
  20. Goodness, I certainly hope you don't experience any of those, which all sound repulsive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these are only a few of the side effects. "The Top 10 Worst side effects" is where I found these.

      Delete
  21. Holy Moley! The side effects are worse than the disease! I've been lucky so far. Only had one prescription that I reacted to. 'May cause leg and muscle cramping'. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have you ever noticed that the TV ads for these meds require more time to explain the side effects than they do the helpful effects? I don't even take aspirin, but take one Ibuprofen if I get a headache my caffeine doesn't correct.

    I grow lots of herbs, most for cooking, but some for medicinal purposes. I wasn't surprised at the side effects you listed, just a bit shocked to see so many in one post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. and they wonder why I don't like taking pills. Too many side effects and sometimes the pills don't work good together with other ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I bet you have cheered up all your readers with this post, Susan.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has been a positive experience for my readers.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!