![]() |
| All photos from this Source |
Throughout my life, I have heard about events when one person’s random decision changed his/her life or even saved their life.
I
was going to turn left and head to the store, but I forgot my list.
Went back home, and then heard that the store was hit by a tornado. I could have been killed…
Or
…We were walking on the trail when I slipped. Bob helped me up, and then the trail just ahead collapsed. We would have been on it!
Random coincidences? I believe more and more that there are no coincidences, or that things just happen. Events are ordained, and the choices we make determine the outcome.
This is hard to explain. In Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it…’
Throughout my life, this has happened. Once
when I was coming out from a store, I decided to take the street to the
right where one shop sold pecans instead of going left where I wanted
to buy fabric. I would eventually go to both stores. But, by going right, I ran into a friend who was desperate to get home to her dying husband. I drove her to her home.
Another time while I was traveling, I needed to find my daughter who would meet me somewhere, after I called her. My cell phone was almost dead, I was in a foreign country where English was not universally spoken, and I was lost. Deciding to turn left and go to a bus-hub corner, I made my last possible phone call. She answered; she was across the street in a café with red umbrellas. They had decided to have a coffee there spur of the moment.
This seems to happen more often to me, as I have learned to be aware of that ‘voice behind me’.
What about you? Have you ever had an experience like that? What happened?




Oh, yes, Susan! I recall a secretary at a former church calling these not coincidences but "God-incidences." She was absolutely right! When we listen to that still, small voice and take heed, we know that we are being guided by the best of the best, the One who never fails. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences here. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteYou described it perfectly.
DeleteI believe God saves me numerous times ; I use the saying "Godincidences". We usually don't know it, we leave the house a few minutes early or late, or choose a different plane flight, and our life is different. There are miracles all around us. I like your post.
ReplyDeleteMiracles all around happen and we just need to realize that God had a reason for this.
DeleteWow that is so cool to hear. Praise God for you listening. I don’t believe in coincidence either. God determines our steps!
ReplyDeleteIt's freaky when that happens. Good, but freaky.
ReplyDeleteIt made me aware just how weak I am, that the God has His Hand around me.
DeleteI have had those but can't recall any right now.
ReplyDeleteYou will think of them around 2 am.
DeleteYES, just a few minutes ago we were discussing something that happened in our sons life.... And the coincidence of one of your posts and mine.... Anyway I enjoyed the read and am thinking......... What woulda happened if I had NOT......
ReplyDeleteFrom the first coast.. Jack
The "what ifs" of life always come for a reason.
DeleteYes! When my kids were toddlers, I had escaped one night to wrap Christmas presents at my mom's house. I drove home around 10:30. It was a cloudy dark night in the country. My turn was a road off a two-lane divided highway. No exit ramp, no lights. Just a right turn from going 55 mph. I always pulled onto the shoulder a couple hundred feet before the turn, so traffic could go past me as I slowed down.
ReplyDeleteThis night, something nagged me NOT to do that. To signal, and stay on the highway while slowing down for my turn. As I got closer, I saw a black car parked on the shoulder, just before my road. I would have slammed into it if I was on the shoulder. It made me feel like my dad was looking out for me. He had died that April, and it was going to be our first Christmas without him.
Feeling his presence would be a comfort.
DeleteThat is God guiding us along every step of the way.
ReplyDeleteI cannot imagine it other wise.
DeleteEven in troubling times I feel that someone is watching over me. Things always turn out fine.
ReplyDeletetrust brings peace.
DeleteYes, it happens. Grandpa should have been on a plane but a patient went into labor and he decided she needed his attention, not one of the other doctors. The plane he should have been on crashed.
ReplyDeleteHow lucky he was, and how lucky the patient was,
DeleteI have heard many of these and had a few happen to me. The thing that bothers me about it, is one dark, rainy night, husband and wife, 2 missionaries home from their post, came to our church and talked and showed use what they were doing on their mission field.
ReplyDeleteOn the way to stay at a place here for homeless or visiting missionaries, they came to a bridge, a pickup truck tapped the back of their car and they shot off into the river and both drowned. they got no warning, and that bothers me
Oh, such sadness. That is one thing that I would remember.
DeleteI don't follow any specific faith, even though at one point I was heavily involved in a Presbyterian church and served as a Deacon. I can't always say that I fully believe in God. However, I have had many instances that make me believe my life is influenced by a greater being.
ReplyDeleteI hope you find that.truth.
DeleteWhat a heart-stopping little adventure — the drained phone, the unfamiliar streets, and that moment of relief when she answered from the café with the red umbrellas. I love how you trust that “voice behind you” feeling; it’s like a quiet sixth sense that steers you right when you need it most. Moments like that make travel stories so human and memorable.
ReplyDeletenanajee.com
A quiet sixth sense. I love that reference!
DeleteHeartwarming read dear friend 🥰♥️
ReplyDeleteYes as I mentioned many times in my posts that I believe in God ‘s existence because I myself was never smart enough to lead life I am living right now. It was a voice within who turned me somewhere else and that direction proved everything I needed. I could save my youngest son ‘s life three times when he had put himself in danger as crawling baby 🥹🥹🥹🥹 life to me is a series of miracles dear friend 🥰🙏