blog Followers

Friday, September 20, 2024

follow the cold wind

 

Winter Winds, Chopin, Pentatonix

 
Last rays of sunset
Lace through bare trees.
As light fades, a chill wind blows.

Swirls fallen crumbled leaves,
Once so bright and drifting
With a dancer’s flourish.

In darkness, the clouds roll back
As a scroll of gray and black. 

The reigns of summer and autumn
No longer tower and burn.

Midnight reveals
A treasure chest of winter:
Ice and snow prepared
To lay a frozen ruin to the land.
 
 
Wednesday Words, from 2012. We bloggers are blessed. to be surrounded by so much talent. We have been roasted by high temperatures for the past month.  I would like to have some cool weather.  Not cold, mind you. Just cool.

16 comments:

  1. That first one was just AMAZING. I bet they had to protect for hours and hours. They hands had to get tough. I don't think I could have done it when I was younger - but I know not now.
    Chopin was good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This group has stayed together for years. That doesn't happen often.

      Delete
  2. I do love the song by Pentatonix, Susan. So difficult to sing acapella in the first place, but to do all your own rhythm, too? Wow! Thanks for sharing with us. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The percussion done by the men on the ends is wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Pentatonix are so great. I love to listen to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first intro to Pentatonix was "Mary did you know". It blew me away.

      Delete
  4. The Pentatonix one was fabulous, not a fan of the piano one, though I wish my fingers could be as nimble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? His fingers fly over the keys. This Chopin creation is said to be demanding and he handled it with ease.

      Delete
  5. wow and wow again on the piano, and how does he play so fast? love it. I also like Pentatonix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayato Sumino is a famous pianist with many accolades to his name. On the youtube site, so many high ranking musicians recognize his talent.

      Delete
  6. The cold is coming, and many of us can hardly wait. Your beautiful use of the words was set of nicely by the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Set off" nicely. Sorry, need to quit being in such a hurry.

      Delete
  7. Now comes the seasons of my discontent. 😿

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the videos. That young man can really play! Now that it's officially Fall I'm happy but will try not to think about the cold darkness of winter just yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the early winter snow, how exciting it was. By February, when snow became mud slush, we had no such thoughts.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!