blog Followers

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Ray Stevens and Gems

Medium sized squirrel with tawny belly, gray-brown back, whitish eye ring, and faint dark tufts on ears, perched in a tree. 

rare red squirrel

Going to church has never been like this. Seriously.  One time when a 50 yr. old bachelor man accidentally drove his brand new motorcycle up the stairs and into the church. He wasn't sure about the controls. But I didn't get to see it, because I was in Sunday School. Dang. 

But Ray Stevens puts everything in an unexpected way.

A squirrel?

Astronaut Ray Stevens
 
There are many more, some of them "politically incorrect". Give 'em a look see.
 

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet that spiced up church for a few minutes! Hope no one was hurt in that incident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday I will write about an old lady chased a dog out of the church during music service. I was down in Sunday School at the time.

      Delete
  2. WOW I would have liked to have seen the dude on his bike at church.
    Ray is one of my favorites....
    Sherry & jack just trying to keeep ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This man was a strange man, so they were never certain that it was an accident or on purpose.

      Delete
  3. I just recently saw the squirrel video, but I'd never seen the astronaut one. Both are hysterical, Susan. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do love Ray Stevens and the Mississippi Squirrel Revival is a personal favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I saw it a few years ago, I giggled, actually giggled.

      Delete
  5. Politically incorrect stuff is fine with me, I like laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahab the Arab was one of his works that has faded away.

      Delete
  6. I love Ray Stevens and his warped look at life. Mississippi Squirrel Revival is my absolute favorite. It's Me Again Margaret is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have liked to seen how the Pastor worked the bike into his sermon, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. Pastor Hamilton was good under most situations.

      Delete
  8. That guy gave the name "Holy Roller" a new meaning! Sometimes the funniest things happen at Church..usually when we're on vacation and miss it! My dear In-Laws loved Ray Stevens and this brought back memories of them laughing hard at his songs. Thanks for that! Have a good weekend Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother and I often sneaked into the church business (we were 5 or so). One time there were some papers in the kitchen sink. Robert had severe vision problems, and his lenses were thick. He held it so sunlight could hit the papers. We set a fire in the kitchen sink, ran upstairs and sat down innocent like. Some one smelled the smoke, ran down, doused the dinky fire in the sink. No one knew, we smiled at each other as the excitement grew.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!