blog Followers

Thursday, June 1, 2023

WinW: Leo and Bathsheba

 

                                                      Cozy moment

“...In the jungle, the mighty jungle…the lion…” Dammit, Leo growled. Bathsheba licked his face, “It is only for this night!” 

They had watched the firestorm as it burned south of the Savannah sending floods of prey fleeing. It had been a delight to see. Being chief predators, Leo and his mate had systematically hunted every antelope leaping. 

With their bellies full, Leo and mate Bathsheba curled up under the Land Rover and watched the humans as they sang that damn song around the fire pit, swilling beer.  Leo and Bathsheba had a choice to make: Follow the course of nature, culling out those humans or they could set about the business of reproducing.  

They, of course, set about doing what they do best.

 

 My take on my take on underlined words. which were offerings from the weekly challenge, Wednesday Words. This was created 12 years ago by a blogger who no longer uses her computer, Delores.

 The baton has been passed onto Elephant's Child, and River.  Please go to their sites and see what other bloggers have written. Fun stuff. These words were provided by David Gascoigne .

25 comments:

  1. I am chuckling because I was just listening to thar song this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that song is stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know . It ran through my mind none stop as I wrote this.

      Delete
  3. I can hear Timon And Pumbaa singing it right now in my mind.

    Nice use of the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been listening to The Lion King, and it has been circling in our heads.

      Delete
  4. How can you mention a song and not provide a link?! 😄
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQlByoPdG6c&ab_channel=thetknsVEVO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. I'll do better next time.

      Delete
  5. Lions are my favourite big cats and that has nothing to do with being a Leo myself. Great story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see you as a Leo or Bethsheba. This is a name given to female lions, why I don't know.

      Delete
  6. Hi Susan - congratulations ... I commented on EC's blog ... a clever take on David's words - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever and creative use of these words, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that you never really said WHICH path they took.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now my brain is playing that tune. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. It was better than "It's a Small Small world" Disney.

      Delete
  10. They're the King and Queen of Beasts! I'm sure they can do BOTH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous picture that is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the 👂🏼🪱😺

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!