blog Followers

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Dr. Love: radio show

 9XI WX-2 Radio, Minneapolis

 
Radio HostOkay, you’re on live.  Let's speak to ...I don't know who he is, but here he is...Mr. Memphis.  Take it away, Dr. Love.

Mr. Memphis: Okay…I wrote this girl a letter…I gave it to the postman and he put it in his sack…

Dr. Love So he put the letter in his sack, and…?

Mr Memphis:  (sobsBright and early next morning, he brought the letter back…

Dr. Love So, the letter was returned?

Mr. Memphis:  …she wrote upon it:  Return to sender, address unknown…(quiet sniffling)

Dr. LoveYou had a quarrel?  A lover’s spat?

Mr. Memphis:  I wrote “I’m sorry!” But my letter keeps coming back…(indistinct nose blowing).

Dr. Love:  So, the letter was returned....What did you do next?

Mr. Memphis:  So then I dropped it in the mailbox, sent it special D (delivery)…( ragged weeping)

Dr. Love And the next morning…?

Mr. Memphis: It came right back to me…RETURN TO SENDER…

Dr. LoveAnd then what, what did it say?

Mr. Memphis  ...and, ‘No such person…No such zone’! (sobbing)

Dr. Love:  What the heck?  Well then, what will you do next?

Mr. Memphis This time, I’m gonna take it myself! (determined voice)

Dr. Love:  And put it right in her hand?  Isn’t that stalking?  I mean, really?

Mr. Memphis:  …if it comes back the very next day, then I’ll understand the writing on it(sobbing, intermittent nose sniffing,)
 
Dr. Love:  I think that's best.  Take a hint.  Move on, buddy.  Move on...Next Caller, line 2...something about "Your Cheatin' Heart" you're saying?...



This is a re-post from 2018. It was originally posted in the 2012 A to Z bloghop. "Quintessential Radio". You can't go wrong with Elvis Presley.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I imagined that Elvis didn't get shut down like this.

      Delete
  2. "I imagined that Elvis didn't get shut down like this." Except on my music posts, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elvis was Grandpa's musical hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's funny to parse the lyrics. Sometimes we must question them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Questioning is the first step of learning.

      Delete
  5. Years ago an Elvis stamp came out. People would send a letter with the stamp to a nonexistent address and get it sent back to them with "return to sender" stamped on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Dr. Love intends to entertain, his guests are always interesting.

      Delete
  7. I liked Elvis for a few years then I moved on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I liked about Elvis was that his songs had meaning.

      Delete
  8. Hilarious! I've always loved Elvis, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My best friend loved Elvis when we were kids and she dragged me to every one of his movies! It took me a long time to finally enjoy watching him and of course listening to his voice. Fun clip Susan! I just watched the new movie, Elvis, and frankly I really didn't like it. It was very sad. Every time I see a clip of him now I think of that sad life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Performing like he did must have put him in a bad place at times. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!