blog Followers

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The Quick Rip

 






Quick!  You can do it!

James heard Dan’s voice.  He trusted his friend and followed him blindly.  Whatever Dan said was the law.

Dan shifted from foot to foot, his breath coming out quickly.  “Come on!  We gotta go!  Just do it!”  Dan watched as the backs as his pack of boys disappeared around the corner.

James hesitated.  He heard Dan hiss, “Coward!”

James stared up into Dan’s eyes.  Without breaking contact or even blinking, James grasped the loosened edge of the band aid.

This is part of my collection from "In Preacher's Creek".


19 comments:

  1. I remember that quick rip - and it hurt less than the slow and steady approach. Similarly the question of getting into cool water - I am in favour of a total immersion rather than a slow creep forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the pain, being 5 years old. Now, as a pain ridden adult, the quick rip is nothing.

      Delete
  2. I want to read more, Susan! I think we've all been in that band aid dilemma at some point in our lives.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy leaving the ending for the readers.

      Delete
  3. Love it! Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the first time you set your teeth and do it, it comes easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch. Nope. Not gonna do it. I refused to wear band-aids as I could not tolerate the ripping off of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never saw nor still don't see the problem with just ripping it off. Does it hurt? Meh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ripping the band aide is one of coming of age as a five year old.

      Delete
  7. The quick rip is best, but leaving it on until it eventually falls off in the shower is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely right. the shower is a band aid's ending.

      Delete
  8. A quick rip is so often the best way!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!