blog Followers

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Chicago Tribune 1934 and then....

 Political Cartoons say so much with just a pen, creativity, and personal beliefs.

1934 Chicago Tribune Political Cartoon | Southern Maryland Community Forums

Chicago Tribune 1934

Latest spring style

 Perpetual Motion. - Main View

 1947

 

Cold War

 One of Theodore Geisel’s political cartoons from the 1940s. 

Dr. Seuss Anti-semitism 

Well, what do you think? What DID you think when you read these? Things change, things remain the same.

21 comments:

  1. What I thought? The more things change, the more they stay the same. Commies are still coming out of the Ivy League and China is a worse threat than ever, not to mention the rise in anti-semitism.
    Blessings, Susan, and thanks for sharing this insight into the country's past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised when a F/B person posted the first one. Then I went exploring. Political comics go back through our own history. Abraham Lincoln?

      Delete
  2. I love political cartoons. And in this case, everything old is new again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. As a species we are VERY slow learners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it is a lesson that will be or can be learned.

      Delete
  4. It's amazing how long political cartoons have been around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing. It goes down to a civilized people.

      Delete
  5. Only the faces and players change, it's the same old crap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Remove the name "Wallace" and replace it with ___?

      Delete
  6. It's sad, they could all be recycled in some way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always, always. The blame and anger are always there.

      Delete
  7. I want to stay off my soapbox but... if people learn about history (the good and bad) we are prepared to handle the next thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to collect them a lifetime ago. My favorite was a Newsweek cover with cartoon versions of all the candidates ( about 20 Dems plus Ford and Reagan) with the caption "Here they come!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been a hoot. Do you still have it? It could be found?

      Delete
    2. No, ma'am, abandoned several moves past. I also loved one playing off "The Towering Inferno" movie, - Towering Inflation, starring Jerry Ford, with the prez in a fireman suit.

      Delete
  9. Nothing ever changes, History repeats itself, over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's rather sad that we (humans) don't seem to learn history

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!