I wish John Wayne had lived longer.
John
Wayne was a fervent patriot. He wanted to join up for WW2, but was
rejected as being too old. The military wanted him to act in
patriotic films. He was active in helping veterans and supporting the
military. He was faithful to this country.
A list of some of his military movies:
The Flying Leathernecks (1951) ...Operation Pacific (1951) ...
The Fighting Seabees. ...
The Green Berets (1968) ...
In Harm's Way (1965) ...
The Longest Day (1962) ...
The Flying Tigers (1942) ...
Back to Bataan (1945)
I
have seen all of these once and then twice. Now that I am older and
have a better understanding of that horrible war, I appreciate what he
portrayed.
War is hell.
A brave man like John Wayne is often few and far apart.
John Wayne, May 26 1907-1979
John Wayne stands out as the most admired man of my lifetime. He was my hero, it is sick to think of attempts to taint his memory for things taken out of context. But Yes I wish he could have lived longer... I'm with you!!!
ReplyDeleteSherry & jsck smiling...
Those who want to shame him for an unknown sin...they care need to confront sin in their soul.
DeleteHe was an amazing movie star, and so much more.
ReplyDeleteHe was born in a small town, and built his moral character there.
DeleteI remember The Flying Leathernecks, The Fighting Seabees and of course The Green Berets which is the best in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteGot those the check off! We liked The Longest Day the most.
DeleteAmen ta that!
ReplyDeleteHe sent a message about faith and belief.
DeleteI don't watch war movies. I do admire John Wayne for being a patriot.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about war movies. The sadness and the honor, they go together.
DeleteMy Dad fought in WWII and my brothers in Viet Nam...I love this country and all those stars singing brought back so many memories and even a few tears. I loved John Wayne and my son Phil and husband do too. I love his movies! I love his patriotism and wish more movie stars stood for good even though they, like those in the video, aren't perfect, they still can have a good influence on the younger generation to make sure our freedoms are protected and goodness over comes the evil.
ReplyDeleteI have no idea how, by any reasonable standard, one can laud John Wayne, no idea at all. And the two wives he divorced would agree with that assessment.
ReplyDelete