In the past my opinions about The Beatles fluctuate. 1965 was when I first learned of them (7th grade. Since then, The Beatles have made some really good music, and some I really dislike.
That aside, this song is one that I didn't understand until I became an adult. April 15 is always remembered.
This song is unusual for me. I am picky when it comes to music.
Joe Bonamassa : guitarist super
"The Taxman" with George Harrison? Isn't that awesome? What is your favorite song? The Beatles? If any? What about Joe Bonamassa. That man can play.
I've never heard of this song and don't like either version. The way the "Taxman" counts seems about right. They must have learned a different type of math division than the rest of us.
ReplyDeleteI feel like my intelligence is being questioned.
DeleteNot at all. But that taxman...one for you, nineteen for me, not at all fair.
DeleteGoodness George Harrison was young in that first clip...
ReplyDeleteI know! I wasn't sure if it was George, since he was so young. He did some great writing.
DeleteGreat post
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed it.
DeleteMy favorite Beatles song is Maxwell's Silver Hammer. I would be hard-pressed to choose my favorite song. It varies day to day.
ReplyDeleteMaxwell's silver Hammer is excellent. My family have had our car adventures, singing this song, along with other songs. Then there would be arguments who gets to sing what.
DeleteI usually can't understand at least half the words in a song. That said, here's the words...
ReplyDeleteOne, two, three, four
One, two (one, two, three, four)
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
Should five percent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
I'll tax the street
(If you try to sit, sit) I'll tax your seat
(If you get too cold, cold) I'll tax the heat
(If you take a walk, walk) I'll tax your feet
(Taxman)
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
Don't ask me what I want it for
(Ah, ah, Mr. Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more
(Ah, ah, Mr. Heath)
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
Now my advice for those who die (taxman)
Declare the pennies on your eyes (taxman)
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
And you're working for no one but me (taxman)
Awesome! It means more now, than it did. Thanks, Mike. I know that you are a person of strong character.
DeleteIn this desert of self, your selection was very meaningful.
DeleteWe have enjoyed reading, just haven't felt up to commenting. We do appreciate your comments and thoughts during a tough time. I was surprised at just how tough part of it was. LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks to Mike for the words. They did make me smile. I am stuck in the 50s with Memories are Made of This and Rock around the Clock. LOL'
Thanks again for the encouragement and comments . I think I am headed out of the woods..... LOL
Sherry & jack climbing out..
Love from over and down here in NC.
Sherry & jack on the way back...
Have a great journey. We are not well, trying to work with the Health services. ?? Services. We will catch you later.
DeleteWow, favorite Beatles song... I'd say Paperback Writer, but there's so many. Except for the two I never liked- Hey Jude and Something.
ReplyDeletePaperback Writer is fun.
DeleteIt's interesting how our tastes change over time.
ReplyDeleteWhat was it good behavior. and what is it now? Take a guess.
Delete