| Famous meat market in Rome. Nutella candies can be purchased at the checkout seriously. |
Walking along ancient streets, we discovered that Nutella in one form or another can be purchased just about everywhere. At the Vatican Official Gifts store, we could have bought Nutella that had been blessed by a priest. Not really, but it had a possibility of being true.
The question is: Who likes Nutella? My granddaughters do, in a major way.
![]() |
![]() |


![]() |
| Where are these guys and how can I find them? |
![]() |
| It happens. |
![]() |
| Good stuff
Go out and buy some for yourself. Be sure to have a spoon at home on the counter, ready scoop up the food of the gods.
|





Im laughing and do not know why, I have never tasted it. I just asked my chocolate sweetheart, and SHE knows what it is, NUTTY CHOCOLATE she says.
ReplyDeleteI am smiling,in the Vatican Gift Store? Really? ;-)
Sherry & jack
I wish I could say with certainty that the gift store did or did not have Nutella. I am fairly sure they did not, but it is only a matter of time.
DeleteI love chocolate and I like hazelnuts but not hazelnut flavor in food or coffee. I have tried it twice. Not my thing at all. It ruins the chocolate part of this. I think I am the only person who feels this way.
ReplyDeleteTry eating it out of the jar with a good size spoon. That is the best way.
DeleteYou are not the only person at all. I. don't. like. Nutella.
DeleteAnd there are no bottles of it here.
My condolence I send to you.
DeleteYou are definitely not alone. Money at our house but my neighbor loves it.
DeleteI've visited Italy on 3 occasions, but never realized Nutella was one of their bragging rights! 'Never tasted it, but now my imagination's begun to spin.
ReplyDeleteGive it a try.
DeleteCan you believe I've never tried Nutella? And I love hazelnuts.
ReplyDeleteOnce you are hooked on it, go to CostCo or Sam's Club to get two together.
DeleteI never had Nutella until I went to Italy in 2008. Morning pastries warm from the bakeshop ALL had Nutella in them. Now I'm a hopeless addict, living under bridges, begging for spare change to buy my next Nutella fix. I'm even willing to do unspeakable things for a whole jar of it. Damn you, Italy.
ReplyDeleteGiggling here, girl! Should I send so $$ to you?
DeleteNot a fan, actually. Trader Joe's has a version (not the same) that I have used, but not often. Funny, as I adore chocolate.
ReplyDeleteI love chocolate in pretty much any way it is made.
DeleteHave you ever read the story of how it was invented? Quite interesting.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, it is delicious, we used to have it around all of the time when the kids were home.
The tour guide told us about its history.
DeleteThere are 3 gelato places on every street, and every single one has a Nutella gelato. I gained weight.
It is magical stuff!
ReplyDeleteMy fellow Nutella nut! Magical indeed.
DeleteAnd the way it melts on toast. Oh my...
DeleteI still like Nutella, but I don't eat as much as I used to. it takes me far longer to get through a jar, so I rarely buy it anymore. My favourite way is in a sandwich, one slice of bread with Nutella the other with peanut butter and slap them together.
ReplyDeleteOH, that sounds awesome. Worthy of a try.
DeleteI couldn't see the first image, but I've never had Nutella, although I've seen it in the stores. Sounds like you have a real craving for it. Sorry I'm late visiting. Just got back online last night after no internet for nearly 3 days.
ReplyDeleteYikes! No internet! I have been there.
DeleteGo try some Nutella.
The grandchildren like Nutella … but can't say I do!
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Anything chocolate will grab them. Have to be careful, though, of nut allergy.
DeleteNever tried it. Prolly b/c of the 'stigma' of being a 'peanut butter replacement'- and I KNOW I don't like PB.
ReplyDeleteNutella is a world away from PB. Smooth, chocolate, too delicious for words.
Deletetoo bad you made my mouth water lol
ReplyDeletesuch a deliciously done post dear Susan :)))
ah! there were the days once i was not afraid of chocolate but now i have to be careful for my eating as doctor has allowed me hardly air and water lol
Always good to see your name! Air and water...apt description. You are so clever.
DeleteNever tried Nutella. Perhaps next time I'm at the supermarket.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I've eaten it a few times, it's a little too sweet for me, and I have a sweet tooth!
ReplyDelete