![]() |
| S if for Sword |
The Fair!! A
child’s mind is captured by lights, toys, games, or anything that is new or
unusual. Women wander off to the jewelry and handmade booths where things
sparkle or speak of worlds far away.
Men? Oh, men.
This booth
is the largest in the fair. Four sided
and each table loaded with weaponry for sale.
This is where men revel in their manhood, in a time when men were
warriors and flashed their swords, swung the mace, fondled weapons, and held up shields in the sun. This is where my husband will be.
![]() |
| Note the dagger/Arabian Night shape |
This one has good balance…the edge is
sharp…good heft…and
then practice swings and jabs follow up.
If one goes
to a Fair with a male, drop him off at this booth and wander off to a booth of
one’s choice, where the jewels flash and scarfs swing.
Yes, it says "Custer's Last Stand" on the blade. I don't understand it either.
Yes, it says "Custer's Last Stand" on the blade. I don't understand it either.


Beautiful workmanship, such a pity that it's purpose is death.
ReplyDeleteI can imagine these swords and daggers being made in some 3rd world country, where the blade with Custer's Last stand meaning absolutely nothing. Produced in mass, quickly. This one cost about $30.
DeleteYou can drop me off at that booth.
ReplyDeleteI just knew you were one who liked shiny weapons.
DeleteThe last thing we need is more weapons in the world in the hands of those without the proper skill to avoid using them.
ReplyDeleteI think that is why the toy companies went with bright yellow and neon green sword with flashing lights in them. Men play with those as well.
DeleteThe difference between men and women is apparent when choosing their shinny things. I am not sure that I would go to a fair that was displaying weapons, however, hubby would be there.
ReplyDeleteThe sword booth is usually removed in distance from the other booths for safety reasons.
DeleteI think something lingers in the male DNA that has to do with hand to hand/face to face combat. It gets very personal on that level.
ReplyDeleteMy brothers used long maple twigs for their swords. Hurt like heck.
DeleteMy husband would meet yours there, and I would see you in the sparklies sections!
ReplyDeleteVery strange sword there. Don't think it was used at Custer's Last Stand!
Donna
AtoZ Challenge
Mainely Write
No, someone got confused what blades went with what scabbards. It didn't , though.
DeleteThanks for commenting!
Funny thing is, I loose my girls as fast as I loose The Husband when there are swords or knives around. They are all avid collectors! Go figure.
ReplyDeleteIt must be in the genetic code?
DeleteOh I love some of the be-jeweled weaponry. They are so fancy and so much work went into making them.
ReplyDeletePlastic can be made to look like jewels and fairly realistic. This dagger has some sort of blue shiny plastic lining.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, weapons. I want the biggest one, LOL.
ReplyDeleteThere is quite a variety.
Deletehaha I'll stay there and have a looksy too
ReplyDeleteHave to admit, they are pretty awesome.
DeleteThis is wonderful workmanship.
ReplyDeleteHello there.
ReplyDeleteThat's one serious-looking blade!
Thanks for sharing.
Entrepreneurial Goddess
I know of some women who would be enamoured of the sword booth, too. (Not me. Well, not the sword booth only.)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that dagger!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE it!
What a fabulous letter opener. (*~*)
I like knives. I'd be at that stall too.
Kids love the fair too, no matter their age. There's something about overpriced food and rides that just makes them happy. ;)
ReplyDeleteMy boys loved their swords when they were little. Fortunately, they were made out of plastic.
ReplyDeleteJulie