
2015 marks the 46th anniversary of Woodstock—can
you believe that? Are we that old? Most
people of any age will nod their heads when something is said about “Woodstock…1969…that was something!”
It was
something in every context of the word: A unique event; 186,000 tickets sold
but over 400,000 attended; almost violence free; musicians who became legends…and
so on.
Basically, anything can be written about
Woodstock. For me, I’ll just give it
this title: The Good, The Bad, and The
Ugly, taken from one of the old Spaghetti Westerns. Woodstock was a little of all three.
W is for Woodstock.
PS: did any blogger reading this
attend Woodstock??? What happened with you after that? I was 17 at the time, going was not an option; we were canning corn that week.
| At night, all was lit up...yes, indeedy it was. |
| Source 116 |
Gentle Path, Groovy Way---I'm going to steal those sign ideas--I know just where they'll fit in my yard.
ReplyDeleteWoodstock is something I have heard of but had no idea about. Thank you for enlightening me.
ReplyDeleteNever went to Woodstock. I know there have been many attempts to "recreate" it. I don't think that's an achievable goal.
ReplyDeleteOne of the biggest events ever. But a bit before me haha
ReplyDeleteFor a moment, I thought this might be about the bird who is a friend of Charlie Brown. But I was wrong. Silly old Bear that I am.
ReplyDeleteI didn't make it to "that" Woodstock (though I have been to Woodstock, Ontario, Canada). It was just a bit too far for this college student to travel.
Ad, yes, I guess we are that old.
Blessings and Bear hugs!
My husband and brother wanted to go. My sister-in-law and I said no; between us we had three children to care for. They didn't get it; they pouted. Husbands didn't do child care back then, and we knew it. And, my husband had no idea Woodstock was on the opposite end of a very long state from Buffalo.
ReplyDeleteI was just a kid, so I didn't even know it was happening.
ReplyDeleteI was not there but I studied the event like my life depended on it. I knew so many facts and all the singers and bands my children thought I had attended...I wish.
ReplyDeleteI can't count the number of people I've met who claim they went to Woodstock. I'm thinking none of them did.
ReplyDeleteStephen Tremp
A to Z Co-host
W is for Window and White Noise
I don't remember Woodstock. I was only 2 months old when it happened.
ReplyDelete--
Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
2015 A to Z of Vampires
http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/
It must've been a major trippy event with all the people.
ReplyDeleteI was 22....nope...didn't go.
ReplyDeleteI didn't get to Woodstock till 25 years later. I was running late, but was there to see it all cleaned up. It is a pretty little town.
ReplyDeleteI was still living in England but even there we heard about Woodstock.
ReplyDeleteNope, wasn't born yet. My parents were too far away. Not that they would have gone, for that was not their scene.
ReplyDeleteI was only in elementary school, and don't remember knowing anything about Woodstock until I was an adult. Innocence of youth?
ReplyDeleteI've heard about Woodstock, but of course I didn't go, being a teenager in a country town in Australia, kind of a long way away. The kids at school were full of information about it, I don't know where they got that, probably from their TVs etc. I'd left school and was working by then, but heard the conversations on the street. It seems like it would have been a fun thing to go to, except for the drugs component.
ReplyDeleteAustralia had a similar big concert happening soon after, but I didn't know about that until well after it was over.
My husband watched a Woodstock movie not long ago and gave me the low down on it. We'd gone to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame just prior to him seeing, which of course sparked an extra interest for him when he saw the movie for sale at the store. ;) I think it was in a $5 bin too, lol, which made him even happier (he's a frugal sort). :)
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to believe it was 46 years ago! I was too young to appreciate the significance of it at the time.
ReplyDeleteJulie