| Source: Ayla87 |
The sun filtered
through the garden, breaking through the dense foliage. The twining squash vines sported hearty zucchini, which (as we know)
would muscle its way through
the other vegetables.
| Source: micromoth |
Butterflies were dancing
over the blooming lavender and dahlias.
Over in the corner, isolated from the serene garden, were two gooseberry
bushes. Brooding and sour, they knew it was only a
matter of time before they would be picked and treasured.
| Source: Newsham |
For now, all was at
peace.
Many thanks to Delores@thefeatherednest . Please go to her site to read other contributions!
Oh, I could feel the sunwarmed earth, hear the insects buzzing and most definitely could feel the peace of the garden.
ReplyDeleteIt does sound good, but I didn't say anything about weeds.
DeleteGreat pictures, Susan, and you will have great eating soon.
ReplyDeleteThe gooseberries would be heavenly.
DeleteOh! The tomatoes!
ReplyDeleteStomach growling,
Pearl
Tomatoes, warm from the sun, are the absolutely best.
DeleteI always wondered what a gooseberry looked like.
ReplyDeleteLyrical descriptions to go with some beautiful pictures. Oh, what a garden!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a nice moment in time indeed
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely. I remember growing zucchini once, one day we had tiny little zucchini, the next day they were giants. And one bush supplied half the neighbourhood.
ReplyDeleteOh, we used to have a gooseberry bush in our garden in Sweden. I had completely forgotten that such a thing exists. As usual, you work wonders with the prompt.
ReplyDeleteYou’ve reminded me, I must go and pick gooseberries.
ReplyDeleteIf only I knew what to do with them other than make crumbles or jam.