blog Followers

Monday, March 30, 2026

What is she thinking?!!

A GRANDMOTHER'S QUILT GOES HOME FOR THANKSGIVING – Around The Frame – The  Waynedale News 

.Grandma with a Grandmother's Garden quilt This is not an easy pattern!

Wilma Kindling stabbed at the new quilt she was making for her grand-niece Jessica.  Wilma was steaming as muttered with each stitch.

“This is her eighth child in nine years!  What does that jerk Jimmy think…” she grew silent as she quilted.  Jessica was having babies at a frenetic pace and Wilma simply had put an end to this.

Wilma was momentarily stunned as a cunning plot came to her. The solution was clearly visible.  “Jimmy needs to have a vasectomy!”  It would not be difficult to arrange.  Not difficult at all.


Cheese and wine: Cheese and wine

If you like and use my picture please link to my website : www.jt-book.com
Source: julos
 
Wilma and her friendly veterinarian Dr. Fred met every Thursday night for some wine, cheese, and wild sex.  He hated Jimmy as much as she did, as Jimmy always showed up every Thursday night just as the wine was being polished off.

Dr. Fred could bring some anesthesia and supplies he uses to neuter pets, only they would give Jimmy the “Ol’ Snip Snip”* instead. 

Wilma would help with the stitching (she was good at that) and be clapping after the surgery was complete.  She and Dr. Fred would then drive the drugged Jimmy home and drop him off at his doorstep.

Such a simple plan!  Wilma was eager for Thursday.  She picked up the phone to call Dr. Fred.

*My farmer father called the human sterilization process "the ol' snip-snip".  Removing animal testicles was simply called castration.  Just so you know.

Many thanks to Delores who created the Wednesday Words back in 2010?  I don't know if I posted this back in 2015....

17 comments:

  1. I mean, Jimmy really should have taken care of that himself. 8 children?!? 'Round about 3 he should have made that plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the 60s, many men (WW2 vets) were hustled into the dr. and had a vasectomy. I was one of 5 children, and it was time for this to stop.

      Delete
  2. While I don't recommend doing it to an unwilling patient, I can see why they'd want to.

    As an OB/Gyn, Grandpa spoke to many a husband who came in with his wife to ask about "getting her tubes tied, we don't want any more kids." He always told them it was major abdominal surgery with many risks, as with any surgery, and it is. He'd then try to talk them into a vasectomy, so much easier, a minor outpatient procedure, no need to put the wife in the hospital for several days.

    Of course, many did, but many argued as they felt their manhood was in danger from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if there is anyone who doesn't know what the "old snip snip" means? Poor Jimmy is going to be vey confused when he wakes up with pain and swelling, but I bet his long-suffering wife will be happier.
    I do wonder why she didn't take contraceptive measures to keep herself safe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oldest brother had the snip-snip when his sons were in their teens. He can home and decided to help fix the roof. Later on they wheeled him out from ER with a pile of ice on his groin.

      Delete
  4. I have no idea what the ol snip snip involves, but I vote for it. ha ha and not the me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the snip snip involves more than the Vet can handle, I think. but we'll never know.

      Delete
  5. This is one hilarious story, Susan! Yes, I knew right away what the ol' snip snip meant. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diabolical. That was a plan indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I have wondered how it would go. Castration would be much easier.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the link to 'A Grandmother's Quilt Goes Home For Thanksgiving' ... and for your story.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made quilts for grand kids and family. I drew the line at 8. The last two had to inherit their siblings' quilts.

      Delete
  8. I am always in awe of how you weave such great stories with so many words that normally wouldn't be seen together. Congrats on another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words are my fun writing. I look at the list of words, choose one that can be an anchor for a story, and go from there.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!