blog Followers

Monday, October 21, 2024

Ireland saves the world again.

 


Ireland has saved the world, many times over.  Can't mess with history.

Samhain was celebrated throughout the British Isles.

Oíche Shamhna faoi mhaise
 



On Halloween night, there was a bonfire and the pagans danced around and ghosts were about. All Saints' Day was on Nov. 1st. Pagan to Saints? It could happen.
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is rough for some to give up the Guinness. Not me, but for some.

      Delete
  2. I have lots of Irish ancestry, Susan, and I found this so fascinating about Halloween's origin. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oíche Shamhna faoi mhaise to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to watch those when I have some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. We lived there 4 years. The Kane family came from Ireland. I am mostly Scotch and Welsh, with a few double digit percents. Also part Viking, which makes a lot of sense.

      Delete
  6. We don't have Halloween in Australia, though some do have Halloween parties with appropriate decorations. I prefer not to follow that particular tradition because any chocolate in this house is ALL MINE! Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some foods are meant to be for women specifically, and chocolate is in that list.

      Delete
  7. So sad that now Ireland seems to be following England's course into all the woke garbage...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard for me to see the changes, especially in recent years. The Catholic church must be sleeping to allow such stupidity to sink into the culture.

      Delete
  8. Ireland rocks, no doubt. Maybe someday I can visit.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!