blog Followers

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Virtue is overrated

 

Nebula: A graphic representation of a red, blue and yellow nebula, with stars.
Source: xymonau

flannel-soft night erased frayed edges of day, leaving Evangeline to contemplate how her virtuous existence revealed her inching towards the end of life.

All the luxuries I have denied myself…all the delights of the flesh…

Gazing out at the black sky, at the donuts of stars several life times removed, Evangeline considered her life to be a multiple of cartoons played out in black and white.

Damn.  She considered, grabbing the car keys and the big wad of cash from under the mattress.  I’m going to ‘Vegas.

Virtue has its limits.
  
Welcome to Sin City: no description
Source: jaylopez


This was originally published in 2013, and now has been updated. The underlined words are from  Delores who created Wednesday Words long ago to challenge and inspire writers.  Finding ways to put disparate words together is entertaining, makes my sense of humor break through.
I love throwing "Vegas into posts randomly.

I had surgery on my right wrist on Sept. 6 last year.  It is still healing and I have overworked it.  So I am using many Wed. Words Post from a decade ago.  Please come and visit my site.

22 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you have overworked your wrist. Very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When something doesn't hurt as much, that is a dangerous time. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. YES take care of that WRIST!!! Also I smiled big at the short story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Righteousness is hard to maintain. I say to her "Run, Evangeline! Run as fast as you can."

      Delete
  3. Do please take care of your wrist.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. said it would take 9 months to a year. I think the year is more probable.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a fun challenge with words. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope other bloggers would wander over to the sites listed.

      Delete
  5. I do hope you can rest your wrist and heal properly, Susan. I'm not sure that my answer to any problems in life would include a trip to Vegas, but this is a creative short nonetheless.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Virtue is overrated"
    Enough said!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Virtue is definitely over rated. I hope Evangeline has a wonderful time.
    Rest your wrist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd change my name to something like Kitty. I had a friend named that. It has more zip than Evangeline.

      Delete
  8. Sometimes a gal just has to do what needs done and if it's in Vegas, all the better! Fun story and I sure hope that wrist is better soon. Our bodies are so wonderful and after working in surgery for about 50yrs I realize we expect them to heal at record speed, like a microwave, but even a simple surgery takes at least a year to heal completely even if we feel great on the outside. A complex one like a wrist is going to take that time for sure. So take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "realize we expect them to heal at record speed, like a microwave, but even a simple surgery takes at least a year to heal completely even if we feel great on the outside. " This sums up my experience perfectly.

      Delete
  9. Please get better. Your replays are so enjoyable but we miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will still be posting, just not current writings. I have been a blogger since 2011, and seeing how my writing has improved and changed makes me happy.

      Delete
  10. I never thought of it this way! I'm so sorry about your wrist. What happened to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to have some disintegrating bones at the wrist. Big surgery. But I need to be gentle with myself.

      Delete
  11. Good writing once again, Susan.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victor ! Your site is so special to me. I always see God in a bigger way.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!