blog Followers

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Yipstick and Barbie

 

 

 
Commercials have changed gradually, neither good or bad.  It is hard to explain, but health and beauty are huge on the commercial market. Women + kept home to work or whatever + overeating + looking in the mirror is generally 
unhealthy for all. 

My gr-daughters have taken me to Ulta, a store that is a cornucopia for all sorts of make-up with all its enticement. They had a list and some $$ from Dad. I followed along, mentally tallying how much they needed when Dad's $$ ran out. Not much $$ at all, but it thrilled me.

Lipstick is marked as being an instigator of make-up history. Fruit dyes (no cost) for lips then. Now lipsticks are chemical magic, expensive magic at that. 

Who likes lipstick? Besides teen age girls at ULTA, little girls who have found Mommy's lipstick in her purse really love lipstick. 

If I have discovered this major cuteness by myself, think how many videos there might be of lipstick fans? Or finger nail polish?


Just a note, I am not a make-up collector. My gr-daughters do that for me.

This is a repost of 2020,  I know many have read this post from back then. My wrist is a cruel task master.This has been a hard experience. Gotta keep taking care.Gotta plow the row.

10 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with a repost. I hadn't ever read it before, so it's new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New for me, too, Susan. No apology needed, my friend.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how many little girls are so artistic with yipstick.

      Delete
  3. Yipstick is fun for a little one. You can smear it all over your face, make pictures on the wall, and maybe eat it. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My younger siblings took my Avon samples and wrote over the face of my new doll. They also emptied talcum powder over my dresser and brush...they were busy for a few hours.

      Delete
  4. I'll stick with lip balm. I have not ever been in an Ulta, but there is one just down the street from me, so that's a failing of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a 20 lipstick pouch in makeup draw. Only two had been opened.

      Delete
  5. fun post and I flashed back to having my grandmother do my nails and letting me use her lipstick as a wee child. Now, I'm not into makeup at all. Tres natural! Sorry about your wrist. Keep up exercises and good luck. Healing is tough for these older bones. I know (creak, creak)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!